Author Topic: TJ Drive Shaft mod  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Carlos98TJ

TJ Drive Shaft mod
« on: 02/17/11 - 07:48AM »
Good morning, Does anyone have a local recomendation on custom drive shafts? I have a project jeep that is getting a chevy 350 V8 and I need the rear drive shaft lenghtned by 1.5" and the front driveshaft shortened by the same.
Thank you
Terry

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: TJ Drive Shaft mod
« Reply #1 on: 02/17/11 - 10:34AM »
Powertrain Industries used to be on North Glenstone, but relocated over off of Chestnut... Good guys, great work.

http://www.driveshaftpro.com/springfield

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Carlos98TJ

« Reply #2 on: 02/17/11 - 12:14PM »
Thank you, I already have touched base with them and the prices are not as bad as I was worried about.
Next week I should have that done then just configuring an exhaust and hooking up the electronics and it will be time to see if I can get the engine to run!
Terry

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 02/17/11 - 03:35PM »
Good morning, Does anyone have a local recomendation on custom drive shafts? I have a project jeep that is getting a chevy 350 V8 and I need the rear drive shaft lenghtned by 1.5" and the front driveshaft shortened by the same.
Thank you
Terry
Talk to Carl at Powertrain Industries, good guys, reasonable rates.  They moved recently, just off of Chestnut Expw. & Pythian (next to Hyspeco).  Don't know the address but the # is 863-1830
Mo Printer

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 02/17/11 - 10:20PM »
Echo.     Echo.     Echo:23:  :P
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 02/17/11 - 10:35PM »
let me tell you carl  is good.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Carlos98TJ

« Reply #6 on: 02/22/11 - 05:58AM »
I did talk to Carl, they are located at 2114 E Rockhurst now. They are "The Driveline Shop" so I ended up talking to two different guys in the same company getting quotes. They will have my shafts today and will pick them up tomorrow. Another step in getting this thing running!
Thanks
Terry