Author Topic: Hello from Crocker. new member  (Read 850 times)

Offline angelhitman

Hello from Crocker. new member
« on: 03/14/11 - 01:33AM »
Hello to all, i am a new member to this site and have recently returned to jeeping.  I am originally from Colorado and was a founding member in a rock crawling club out there.  At that time i was driving a jacked up 84 xj, with 5.5" of lift, full cage, chopped top, locked front and rear, tera low, 33's and a 2.8L with fuel injections and a blower.  I sold that rig back in 05 to buy a house. I also had a 99 xj sport that i kept stock.  It was destroyed when i was rearended.   I recently bought a 97 TJ 4.0L 5 speed with 32's.  It seems to be stock in the front, and a slight lift on the rear.  I have a set of 4" skyjacker springs, 4 zone hydro shocks, a front RC adjust track bar for the front, transfer case drop kit.  I am searching for the rest of the lift parts, sway bar links, and a rear track bar bracket or track bar for a 4" lift and i will have that baby on.  I am going to keep this much simpler this time  :23: and keep this as a weekend toy but back up for the winters to my car and wife's Tahoe.  I plan on bumpers, tire mount, possibly a winch, Smitty built XRC rockers with step, new fender flares, and eventually new rims and 33's.  Will probably also gear it 3.86 or 4.10's to adjust for the 33's.  would eventually like to do air lockers this time so i can keep the daily driving ability there.  I probably will eventually do a SYE as well.    Not keeping it simple am i. :17:   Anyways, i am in Crocker, always interested in deals on used parts and helping out others.  Planning to join the club if able to in next few months when i get the rig trail worthy.   Meanwhile thanks for reading.   :)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Hello from Crocker. new member
« Reply #1 on: 03/16/11 - 06:17PM »
Welcome to the site.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato