Author Topic: suspension kits? or junk it  (Read 1062 times)

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
suspension kits? or junk it
« on: 03/16/11 - 01:36AM »
I was pulling a ford out of a pit, and the chain broke throwing me on top a fire higrent, threw my axle back, doing some nasty damage to the hole drive line and the suspension on the right side. would you put a new lift kit on it? or just fix the crap thats broke: )listed: leaf spring,sway bar,axle threw back at least 2in. ty rod, and some ball joint damage too!! replaced the transfer case, it won't go on due to the set back from the axle. rear lined up, I need some good advice, or I'm just going to junk it, I'm a vet and don't have a hole lot going for me... I love my jeep!!! ;( :deadhorse:   

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: suspension kits? or junk it
« Reply #1 on: 03/16/11 - 07:38PM »
Post some pics or email them to me.  Do you know what kit is on it?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 03/16/11 - 09:38PM »
it's hard to say man, all I have noticed on any of the hardware, is the shocks were made in mexico?? which one of them needs to be replaced, so I'm assuming to do it right and put a hole new one on, I'm not a half asser.... military taught me better than that....ha ha

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 03/16/11 - 10:27PM »
Do you know what height and what size tires?  You can buy some really tough parts if you are wanting to go that route.  The reason I ask is BDS has a lifetime no questions asked warranty on parts.  IF you ran one of their kits it's just some time to get new parts.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 03/16/11 - 11:19PM »
ya, I got Mud King 35/12.50/15's. and yes it's a 4 banger. but it's strong as hell and it's the axle being pushed back that broke the trans. case. I'm attempting to get a photo of it, but I got to compress the dang photo!!! :deadhorse: