Author Topic: POWER STEERING??  (Read 1137 times)

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
POWER STEERING??
« on: 05/24/11 - 02:56PM »
So I just replaced the steering column, and when I'm in gear it seems to not have any power steering and when I push the clutch in or take it out of gear it does..... ANY IDEA'S ???? :106:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: POWER STEERING??
« Reply #1 on: 05/24/11 - 06:09PM »
That makes 0 sense.  Your pump will be turning and building pressure as long as the motor is running ie power steering is working. 

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 05/24/11 - 06:31PM »
I know!! lol. it's only hard to turn when it's in gear and it's at a high rpm....if I don't gas it hard in gear, it's not real bad, but I can tell something is either straining it or something... I'm gonna put it on jacks and see if something is up with the axle or knuckles.... it happened after I went up a steep rock wall.lol. I'll figure it out somehow, Thanks Arron
« Last Edit: 05/24/11 - 06:33PM by militarytj »

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 05/24/11 - 07:33PM »
I would be willing to bet it has nothing to do with column or pump.  Most likely some driveline bind.  I would guess front shaft. 

If you need anything let us know I'll try and lend a hand.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline militarytj

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 05/24/11 - 10:40PM »
ya the thought crossed my mind on the front drive line, I'm just in denile...lol. I just won't be trail riding for a while.ttyl Arron