Author Topic: Cherokee Search  (Read 1709 times)

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
Cherokee Search
« on: 12/31/11 - 05:59PM »
Is there any particular model to stay from? I'm searching form a plain Cherokee to replace my truck i sold the other day and I'm on a $1500 budget. I know this is a stupid question, but I'm kinda short on time. ;) I've found an 87 and didn't know if all XJ's are the same or if some of the earlier models don't have the aftermarket options that the newer version have. Thanks in advance.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: Cherokee Search
« Reply #1 on: 12/31/11 - 08:25PM »
stay away form the 2.8 V6 as it has no power.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 01/ 1/12 - 11:48PM »
The 87-91 are a little different than the others because they run the renix injection system but it is still a pretty simple reliable system. Any of them with  a 4.0, auto and np231 are pretty solid rigs.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/ 3/12 - 01:46PM »
As usual, none of my friends knew of one until I bought something. I picked up a Ramcharger real cheap on Sunday. Then yesterday a buddy calls me and says he knows where a couple of Cherokees are that fit my criteria. I've been looking for a week and he just now mentions it. lol. Since I live in Sparta, I'm going to head out to Chadwick and see what trouble I can get into. Any particular trails I should check out? I've only really been down Devreaux road everyone likes off of Garrison Road.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 3/12 - 08:50PM »
Run the trails backwards of what everyone usually does it makes it a lot more interesting me and a buddy just ran them that way last week.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 3/12 - 10:04PM »
Last I heard there were only 2 still legally open to non-atv's.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 5/12 - 10:54PM »
We just went down the trail off of the parking area on Deveraux, then back up another trail up the hill.  We ran into the park Ranger and talked to them for a little while and he didn't seem to care we where there.  They have tore the crap out of the area logging though it looks like hell up top.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 01/14/12 - 08:04PM »
Is the parking area a little ways down the trail after you turn off of Garrison road? Which way do you go once you get to the parking area? I may try to go out there maybe this coming Thursday if i can get someone to go with me.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 01/15/12 - 12:08AM »
Go down Garrison, turn right on Deveraux rd.  You will see the parking area on the left is a ways down deveraux the trail goes straight off the back of the parking area.  Not far down the trail it splits and you can go left or right go left, right just takes you back up to deveraux.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon