Author Topic: floor pan  (Read 967 times)

Offline dkmfhp

• Level 1
floor pan
« on: 03/27/12 - 11:03AM »
Does anyone know where to go to get my front floor pan fixed, it is almost completely rusted out along some rust on the side wall where the new pan would attach.  The only place I have been able to find that would repair it says it will cost about $1,000.00 bucks.  I really dont want to spend near that. 

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: floor pan
« Reply #1 on: 03/27/12 - 06:08PM »
What kind of tub is it?

There is a body mount integrated under the front of the tub that makes it a little more than a sheetmetal repair. 

1000 seems pretty steep tho. Was that a replacement part welded in?  Just sheetmetal?  How big is the rust along the side? 

Post a picture of it. 
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline dkmfhp

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 03/27/12 - 09:47PM »
The tub is a YJ, it has a rusted out hole in the side as well that is about the size of a softball.  The guy said he would have to replace the whole side panel too, in order to attach the floor pan to the side. 

Offline dkmfhp

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 03/27/12 - 09:52PM »
I asked about ordering the replacement pan and putting it in, but I think the quote was for just a sheet metal repair, and not ordering the replacement part.  I'll have to post some pics later, its in the shop getting a new muffler. 

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 03/27/12 - 10:02PM »
most body shop won't repair rust. they will replace the panel. cause they can't warranty the repair of rust because  it will be back.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.