Author Topic: Dana-60 for Mo Printer!  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Dana-60 for Mo Printer!
« on: 07/11/12 - 02:01PM »
It's like Christmas in July!  My '60 just arrived from Rock Solid Performance (Cedar Springs, MI).  They've been great to work with, and the 'True-1-Ton' looks great!  I sold my Rubi-44 yesterday, pulling it out Saturday, so the timing is perfect.  Now I've got to start saving up for the 39 Stickies!

Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Dana-60 for Mo Printer!
« Reply #1 on: 07/11/12 - 04:21PM »
You finally have locking hubs!  Congrats buddy now you can flog it and not worry.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 07/12/12 - 03:00PM »
It's out-a here!  My plan was to pull the D44 out Saturday, but nothing doing, good 'ol Mr. Safety said "come on boy, we're burning daylight".  So we pulled it last night.  My locker will be here on Friday, need to order DOM (anyone have about 9' of 1-1/2" .25 they want rid of?) & Heims to build my tierod & steering.  Woo Woo, here I go!

Mo Printer

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 07/12/12 - 03:03PM »
(Sorry about having to stand on your ear to see my photos, someday I'll learn how to hold a 'smart phone')
Mo Printer

Offline vegrant

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 07/13/12 - 12:16AM »
Congrats Steve!!!!!
Looks like you are going to be even more unstoppable!!!!!

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 07/13/12 - 02:01AM »
Can Steve come out an play now?
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 07/13/12 - 08:59AM »
Steve keeps Steve chained up in the garage making him work on the jeep.... so hurry up and finish!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 07/13/12 - 10:00AM »
What the heck, why stop at 39's  go for 42's!

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 07/13/12 - 10:23AM »
What the heck, why stop at 39's  go for 42's!
(I'm really hoping that Steve Moore will want 42's for his buggy and then I'll just 'store' his 39's for him!)  What do you think, Mr. Safety??
Mo Printer

Offline OzarksYJ

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 07/13/12 - 07:46PM »
You gonna build this as trail only or will this be a crossover rig? I'm going same direction with mine, but having second thoughts on size (as in 37-39's and tons) or stay lighter and smaller (35's and 44's or "Yota's") for handling.

Or does any of it really matter... :106:

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 07/16/12 - 10:13AM »
You gonna build this as trail only or will this be a crossover rig? I'm going same direction with mine, but having second thoughts on size (as in 37-39's and tons) or stay lighter and smaller (35's and 44's or "Yota's") for handling.

Or does any of it really matter... :106:
It won't be a daily driver, but I still plan on keeping it 'streetable'.  Mr. Safety & I worked on it all weekend.  Got the '60' under it, sitting on the springs.  I still have to build the steering setup (tierod, steering arm, reposition the ram assist.......), new drive shaft, ARB plumbing, yada, yada, yada...
Mo Printer

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 07/19/12 - 01:47PM »
Steve keeps Steve chained up in the garage making him work on the jeep.... so hurry up and finish!
  Mr. Safety must have told you that! 
No photos, but last night 'WE' fabricated the drag link & tierod (1-1/2" .25 is heavy!!) 3/4x3/4" heims, drilled out the knuckles for the tierod (high steer arms won't let it clear the pitman arm - guess full hydro will be in my future!).  Lots of grinding, bending, squeezing & cussing to make some of this fit!
Updates to follow  (('Dammit Steve, get back in that machine shop, your break is over'))  =))
Mo Printer

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 07/31/12 - 10:46AM »
Everything is finished except changing the diff cover (factory is too wimpy for my driving technique).  Mr. Safety wanted to check for articulation (I don't know how he hurt his arm) :o
Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #13 on: 07/31/12 - 11:18AM »
Good work guys!  So he can lift a jeep, but still needs to avoid those pesky doors!

Can't wait to see it in person buddy.