Author Topic: In need of some help  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Donut

• Level 1
In need of some help
« on: 09/ 5/12 - 12:36AM »
Does anyone know where I can get a Cherokee XJ drivers door in good condition for a decent price (under 80 dollars)? Thank you for looking and for your help.

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re: In need of some help
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 9/12 - 12:29PM »
Look on Spfld Craigslist in the Autoparts section, I think I recall seeing one there recently.

Offline Donut

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 09/11/12 - 01:46AM »
Thanks man I'll check it out. You going to smorr next weekend?

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 09/11/12 - 10:17AM »
Yes I am, Are you? If so I and my wife will see you out there. We can't wait.

Offline Donut

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 09/11/12 - 10:36AM »
I'm planning on to, I got traffic court that morning after that I'll be there on friday only. I'll be driving the silver xj hope to see you there!

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 09/11/12 - 11:29AM »
Roger that I am in a Maroon Wrangler TJ With fuel & water cans on the back. See you there.

Offline Donut

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 09/12/12 - 12:36AM »
Where did ya get the fuel cans at? I'm going to build a swing out tire mount on my back bumper and I'm going to have some space for a couple of jerry cans.

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 09/12/12 - 10:35AM »
I do not know where they came from, my jeep was already built the way it is when I bought it on July 03, 2012. I do know that Harbor freight and Orshlein carry Jerry Cans for fuel, if you want just sand a red one down and paint it blue for water. I have one for water and one for fuel and I am debating on making them both fuel.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 09/12/12 - 11:12AM »
Roger that I am in a Maroon Wrangler TJ With fuel & water cans on the back. See you there.
Rob, I think I saw you in your Jeep last night at Fort & Battlefield.  I was in the Silver TJ making the U-turn to avoid the 'Charlie Foxtrot' at Battlefield & Kansas.  I live just south of there.  We'll be at SMORR next weekend in our red LJ, hope to see you guys there!
Mo Printer

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 09/12/12 - 12:15PM »
Yes, That was me that made a UTurn right in front of you. Now that we are not strangers I will be calling you soon to set up for SMORR.

Offline Donut

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 09/12/12 - 11:45PM »
I forgot about Harbor Freight having those I'm gona take a look there tomorrow. I still got some stuff to do like recovery points for the front, and a cooler for water. It sucks that I can only wheel on friday but its going to be a blast! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail. And that tip paid off getting the door on sunday.

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 09/13/12 - 10:12AM »
were you able to find one on Craigslist, Donut?

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 09/13/12 - 10:17AM »
Also @ Donut Harbor freight has thte 2" hitch receptacle with a D ring attached but if you want D rings, I found the best assortment of them at Orshlen in Republic, but I am sure that Race Brothers on Kearney St would also have them.

Offline Donut

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 09/13/12 - 03:29PM »
I was at Orshlen's yesterday going to go back there today to pick up some 1/4 inch thick steel plates to mount put some hooks or d rings. I  work across the street at walmart in electronics and yes I got a door today just gotta convert it over to electric and I'll be good to go thank you for the tip man. If ya come into walmart in electronics, my name's Daryl I'm there almost everyday.

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 09/13/12 - 05:14PM »
Good to meet ya Daryl, I'm Rob. I will be at SMORR next weekend hope to see you there. TIME TO START VACATION WOOHOO.