Author Topic: Help us find Jeep, CJ 5 STOLEN  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
Help us find Jeep, CJ 5 STOLEN
« on: 11/10/12 - 04:48PM »
Our 79 CJ 5 was stolen last night from a service station in Branson. My son works and goes to school down there and he parked it and road to Springfield with a friend for a few hours. Came back a little after midnight and Jeep was gone. Key tumbler was lying on the ground. It has a faded grey primer, factory Jeep chrome spokes with 31x10.50 mud tires. 4 x 3 inch rectangle LED tail lights mounted in a grommet in rear of body. Grey soft top in pretty bad shape. Right front fender has a good dent in it thanks to a tree that jumped out in front of him a SMOOR a couple of weeks ago, pulled bumper corner back out. He had the Jeep at the Tri-Lakes Jeep show, it was parked by the totaly muddy Jeep. If have any information call local police or moose @ 224-2763. My wife bought this Jeep new in 79 and it was our Honeymoon Limo. All help will be appreciated. Thanks Bruce Scott aka Moose

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Help us find Jeep, CJ 5 STOLEN
« Reply #1 on: 11/10/12 - 06:57PM »
Bad deal, nothing worse than a thief! I'll sure be on the lookout for it.

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 11/10/12 - 07:23PM »
I actuallyhave a picture of it from the jeep show, if I can figure out how to post it, I will. Good luck on getting it back.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 11/10/12 - 08:08PM »
Hope it's found quickly and in good shape.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/12/12 - 10:40PM »
Thanks for all your help, my son works for Oreillys in Branson and is handing out flyers to all of the professional customers on their routes. Keep your eyes open while wheeling, it may be stuck somewhere out in the woods or creeks. Thanks Again Moose
If you could post a picture that would be great. All the pictures I have of the show were of the other Jeeps. We were gathering ideas on how to build when my son gets out of college. Thanks Bruce
« Last Edit: 11/12/12 - 10:42PM by Moose4x4 »

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 11/12/12 - 11:35PM »
Man, I'm sorry to hear about this. I think I remember your son driving that Jeep through a mud pit like 10 years ago. Wasn't that CJ5 a Levi's edition?
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 11/13/12 - 09:59PM »
It is actually a Silver Aniversary Edition. Needing restored of course. Thanks for all the help just keep a lookout for it. Moose

Offline hashbrown

« Reply #7 on: 11/14/12 - 09:07PM »
I remember it well you and I had the only cjs at the show. I will keep a look out for it!

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 11/15/12 - 09:12PM »
Thanks, one of my son's friends thought he saw it going north out of Branson on 248 about 12:30am Sat morning. My son got back to the gas station at 12:45am. Thanks again for all the help. Bruce Moose

Offline KURT Feely

« Reply #9 on: 01/25/13 - 09:04AM »
Our 79 CJ 5 was stolen last night from a service station in Branson. My son works and goes to school down there and he parked it and road to Springfield with a friend for a few hours. Came back a little after midnight and Jeep was gone. Key tumbler was lying on the ground. It has a faded grey primer, factory Jeep chrome spokes with 31x10.50 mud tires. 4 x 3 inch rectangle LED tail lights mounted in a grommet in rear car navigation system of body. Grey soft top in pretty bad shape. Right front fender has a good dent in it thanks to a tree that jumped out in front of him a SMOOR a couple of weeks ago, pulled bumper corner back out. He had the Jeep at the Tri-Lakes Jeep show, it was parked by the totaly muddy Jeep. If have any information call local police or moose @ 224-2763. My wife bought this Jeep new in 79 and it was our Honeymoon Limo. All help will be appreciated. Thanks Bruce Scott aka Moose

Have you got your jeep? If not make use of social network.
« Last Edit: 01/26/13 - 06:41AM by KURT Feely »

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 01/25/13 - 11:04AM »
I also would be interested in if ou got it back.

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 01/25/13 - 09:57PM »
Haven't found it yet. Taney county sheriff busted a ring of car thieves but have not had any luck with ours. I have flyers out to some of the propane dealers in the Branson area keeping an eye out for it. We don't have much hope. If any of you guys go to Hot Springs any keep an eye out for it. that may be far enough south that someone might be driving it at the park.

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 06/30/14 - 02:36AM »
Been a while since I logged on here. Did not have a Jeep anymore. Two weeks ago Tomorrow, I got a call from work before I went in. There was a state patrolman checking to see who had a vehicle inspected there. Come to find out they had recovered a Jeep in that drug raid in Stone county. Talked to him a few minutes and he got some information from me and told me it was more than likely my Jeep. But he would call the detective and give him the info. Within 30 minutes got another call informing us our Jeep had been recovered. About 6 hours later and 180$ impound fee, the Jeep was home. It runs but has lots more damage than when stolen, he had been using it as a hunting rig. he had krylon painted it black.
Woul like to thank all of you for helping to keep an eye out for it. I had written it off. My son nevber gave up hope though. It was found about 20 miles from where it was stolen. Thanks again!!! Bruce AKA moose

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 06/30/14 - 05:55AM »
The club is going to be having a wrench day that I am sure they would be willing to help with what we could be done to help get it going again. Congrats on getting it back.

Offline Moose4x4

• Level 1
« Reply #14 on: 06/30/14 - 08:11PM »
Thanks but I will be rounding up parts for a while. Then me and the son will do a frame off cleaning and redo. We appreciate the offer though.