Author Topic: Once every 823 years!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Once every 823 years!
« on: 02/11/14 - 03:29PM »
Okay, I'm thinking that August should be an awesome month for wheeling!  Why?  Because once every 823 years we have a month that has five weekends that include a Friday-Saturday-Sunday!  Check it out, it's even on the OJT calendar!
Not that I've ever needed an excuse to wheel, but man I'd hate to waste this.  Who knows, we might not be around for the next one :78:
Mo Printer

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re: Once every 823 years!
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/14 - 08:23PM »
How about a different park every weekend!

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 02/11/14 - 10:15PM »
I'm ready to wheel, but but but, I hate hate hot weather! In the spirit of wheeling I'M game for about anything!

« Last Edit: 02/11/14 - 10:18PM by mrfast »

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/14 - 12:48PM »
So we could go wheeling in CO!  I go up there every 3rd weekend of July to wheel with a bunch of Full Size Jeep buds and it never gets over 80 degrees.. AWESOME.  It is a bout a 16 hr drive, but SOOO worth it!   I guess in August it might be a bit far as the kids are getting ready to go back to school... hmmm...
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #4 on: 04/14/14 - 10:39PM »
Groves you have AC!!!

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 04/14/14 - 11:00PM »
Well, Aaron as a mater of fact I do have AC lol. But I still hate the hot weather! Man I forgot I even posted in this thread. Anyway I like Jessie's Idea about CO. That is the same time I always went to Ouray also. The last week of July and the first week of August. But I'm thinking if we are serious about a trip to CO. we should schedule that for next year to give club members time to plan and save some $$$$.

May be good excuse to plan something Jeep related every weekend in August just to say we didn't waste a weekend on such a special month that only happens every 823 years!

Offline YoungJK

• B.O.D. Officer - Club President
  • Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 04/15/14 - 10:53AM »
Well, Aaron as a mater of fact I do have AC lol. But I still hate the hot weather! Man I forgot I even posted in this thread. Anyway I like Jessie's Idea about CO. That is the same time I always went to Ouray also. The last week of July and the first week of August. But I'm thinking if we are serious about a trip to CO. we should schedule that for next year to give club members time to plan and save some $$$$.

May be good excuse to plan something Jeep related every weekend in August just to say we didn't waste a weekend on such a special month that only happens every 823 years!

^^^^^  I like this ^^^^^

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 04/15/14 - 09:30PM »
Steve I agree on both points.  If a group wants to do a trip we need to start discussing now, that's a lot of diesel fuel round trip. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 04/15/14 - 09:47PM »
Well we ( Family ) didn't go due to my daughter not being able to get off work this year. I'M pretty sure we are going in 2015 unless there are some big changes. We have done this trip about 4 times and stay at same campground every time and have great maps and great times! We can make plans at next Bod meeting!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 04/15/14 - 10:56PM »
Would you consider a change to Moab?

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 04/15/14 - 11:46PM »
Nope, not for me anytime soon. I'M all in favor for the club to plan a trip to MOAB, But what little I know about MOAB best time would be to plan trip this time next year--weather at it's best and Mr. Safety would be awesome source for information. Moab would be too hot at the end of July and August.

In a few years from now I may be interested in Moab after my son is out of school. We just love the scenery, weather, trails, etc. etc. of Colorado!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #11 on: 04/16/14 - 02:14PM »
Ok buddy.