Linked Events

• Flat Nasty Trail Run: 06/13/14 - 06/15/14

Author Topic: June Trail Run - Flat Nasty  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
June Trail Run - Flat Nasty
« on: 03/28/14 - 11:35AM »
The June trail run will be on June 14th, it will be a camping trip to Flat Nasty.

Meet up information will come at a later date.
« Last Edit: 05/ 2/14 - 09:01AM by Martinez »
Take it out and play with it!

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
June Flat Nasty Trail Run and Camp-out
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 1/14 - 11:30PM »
After looking at the calendar at the end of tonight's meeting, we decided to move the Flat Nasty trip to the weekend of June 14th.  It is currently on the calendar for the 7th but that is the same time as the Shoot-out at SMORR.  Please mark your calendars for June 14th for the Flat Nasty trip.

More details to follow.
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re: June Trail Run - Flat Nasty
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 5/14 - 10:10PM »
Are you camping or staying at Barton's?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 05/27/14 - 10:14PM »
So who is planning on going?  Several of us have been before, any opinions on where you would like to stay?

Currently I'm planning on going up Friday after work, wheel Saturday, and camp Saturday night.  Then we will be coming back Sunday morning.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/14 - 11:10PM »
Primitive camping only at Flat Nasty.  Where I normally stay (Barton's) is full.  Big Rock Candy Mountain is 5 or 6 miles away, but I haven't contacted them for space.  It will most likely be generator at Flat Nasty unless there are openings somewhere else.

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #5 on: 05/28/14 - 08:53AM »
We will be going (wife and son - daughter out) --- we are up for primitive camping.  Is Barton's where we've camped in the past?
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline YoungJK

• B.O.D. Officer - Club President
  • Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 05/28/14 - 01:45PM »
We are planning on going. Never been to that park, so we have no idea where to stay.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 05/28/14 - 02:55PM »
Greg, Barton's isn't a campground,  it is like a campground, but you stay in furnished 2 to 3 bedroom trailers.

YoungJK, if you go to  Flat Nasty's web page, under 'Lodging' they list all the surrounding campgrounds and lodges.  They also include distance to park.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 05/28/14 - 04:22PM »
We have stayed at Pine Crest  the few years.

Offline 01anniversaytj

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 05/28/14 - 06:34PM »
I plan on attending, but since I have never been, i will defer to the more seasoned.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 05/28/14 - 10:22PM »
With current work schedule camping is 50/50 for us. Either way I'm planning on wheeling Saturday. May just primitive camp one night instead of two at park. We can all stink together.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 05/30/14 - 12:13AM »
I'll be out of town

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 05/30/14 - 09:05AM »
I called and left a message with Pine Crest last night, hopefully they will call back soon.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 05/30/14 - 06:20PM »
I'm reserved for the 13 and 14 at Barton's!  No stinking (well other than normal) for me. :-*

Offline YoungJK

• B.O.D. Officer - Club President
  • Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 06/ 6/14 - 09:08AM »
It appears there is going to be a group go up Friday night, and a group leave out Saturday morning.
The tenative plan is to meet at Flat Nasty around 9:00am Saturday morning, to seperate into at least two groups for the day of wheeling. Please plan on packing a lunch, and make sure to bring cash for the park entrance.
Several are planning on camping at Pinecrest, if doing so, bring cash for the camping as well.

Please post up if you are for sure going and if you are planning on heading up Friday night or Saturday morning, so we can try to arriange some caravans.