Linked Events

• SMORR: 09/12/14 - 09/14/14

Author Topic: September Trail Run  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
September Trail Run
« on: 03/28/14 - 11:54AM »
We will be heading to SMORR on September 12 - 14 for some camping and wheeling.  

Meet up and travel information will be posted at a later date.
« Last Edit: 07/30/14 - 03:16PM by Martinez »
Take it out and play with it!

Offline paulbnmo

• Club Members
  • Come Follow Me
Re: September Trail Run
« Reply #1 on: 08/28/14 - 12:39PM »
What time is everyone going  to meet up  and convoy down there, or is it when ever you can get there.  
US Army Military Police/Disabled Deputy Webster County Sheriff's Office ( Cancer )

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 08/28/14 - 11:48PM »
Planning on going down after work on Friday. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 08/29/14 - 09:32AM »
We're gearing up for 'noonish' on Friday (sooner if we can get away with it :63:
Mo Printer

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 1/14 - 11:16PM »
I'm planning on going Friday morning.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 8/14 - 09:49PM »
Won't be able to leave until after work Friday, so it will be after dark when we get there.  See you there.

Offline paulbnmo

• Club Members
  • Come Follow Me
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 9/14 - 02:25PM »
We are planning to head down there Friday morning set up camp. 
US Army Military Police/Disabled Deputy Webster County Sheriff's Office ( Cancer )

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 9/14 - 07:47PM »
Jonbo = Work?  That doesn't pass the smell test buddy!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 09/ 9/14 - 11:12PM »
 :icon_whip: Lorena doesn't want to take off Friday, because she's taking off three days the following week for Superlift.

Offline DirtyXJ

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 09/11/14 - 10:12AM »
We will be coming down Saturday morning and camping Saturday night.  What time is everyone meeting at Homedepot Saturday morning?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Shit... What a Ride!'"

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re:
« Reply #10 on: 09/11/14 - 02:33PM »
Site #26 for castle Rogerstein.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #11 on: 09/14/14 - 07:58PM »
Another great weekend at SMORR!  There was a bit more carnage than I was expecting, but at least everyone made it home.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 09/14/14 - 08:40PM »
Ditto Aaron. I so enjoyed my weekend with everybody.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 09/15/14 - 10:06AM »
Hey Mr. Safety:  In knowing you for over 44 years, I can honestly say that this was the first time I ever saw you speechless!!

For those that did not witness (or hear it through the woods), here is the story:
>5:00 on Saturday, on Buck Rub (yeah, we were that far from camp), Mr. Safety announces that he is out of gas.  Asking us to help him push 'Green Weeny' off the trail so that we can go back to camp for more of my free gas, we all oblige, with him reaching in the window to steer.  As it creeps off the trail, and we all expect it to just stop there (it is after all a true pig of a Jeep) it decides to go careening down a 150' ravine, taking out trees as large as my thigh, never slowing down until it started up the other side.  Once, it was determined that it didn't flip or roll, or burn (that couldn't happen, he DID run it out of gas you know!),  laughter ensued!
A gallon of gas at today's prices $2.98.9 Kum-N-Go
A fuel gauge that works $24.95 O'Reilly Automotive
The look on your face as it barreled down that hill, PRICELESS :78: 
Mo Printer

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 09/15/14 - 01:22PM »
Oh, and we really did have a great time this weekend!  Lots of new faces (or maybe my memory is getting worse!), lots of good times.  I was very impressed with some of the 'newbs', and how they handled their Jeeps on some pretty technical trails  (Hey Chris(?, you know who you are) your other left :78:).
As much fun as we had, I may have to rethink Washita (after all, it's only three family birthdays that weekend for Judy and me).
Mo Printer