Author Topic: AWESOME Trail tool.. QUALITY Trail vice!  (Read 892 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
AWESOME Trail tool.. QUALITY Trail vice!
« on: 04/14/14 - 12:45PM »
I could not beLIEVE the price point on this vice.  The quality BLOWS away the other unit I have seen that sells for about $130.. this is $199.  not oNLY is the action smooth and it STAYS clamped when clamped but the anvil surface is much bigger  and beefier.  Also comes with a bracket that you can use to store in vehicle or as a bench vise (I am getting an extra bracket for $24... one for bench, one for vehicle. 

Wilton makes American Made Vices and Hammers that are highest quality and not cheap.  Many construction companies actually require Wilton hammers for elevated worksites where a broken hammer head can fall several stories and kill/injure someone.  I am not a spokesman... just like the company as I have a 65 year old Wilton Vice that is still killer! 

These ATV (All Terrain Vices) Vices are made per spec in China, but I was amazed at the build quality.  There are stainless button head screws that you can adjust to tighten the receiver and so it does not move while you are hammering/fabricating. 

http://www.cpowilton.com/wilton-10010-all-terrain-vise/wltn10010,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=wilton-vises

I think we need a tool forum, but that's just my opinion!

Have a great week everyone! 

Jesse 
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: AWESOME Trail tool.. QUALITY Trail vice!
« Reply #1 on: 04/16/14 - 11:42PM »
Good Idea, always good to find a good deal on tools! I also have a older Wilton bench vise.
« Last Edit: 04/16/14 - 11:45PM by mrfast »