Author Topic: Mark Twain Forrest?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
Mark Twain Forrest?
« on: 01/17/15 - 10:18PM »
Hey, I'm with the Brush Beater Jeep Club and we are in the process of setting up our 2015 schedule.  We'd like to go to Mark Twain but not sure what if anything is still open for trail use. If anyone can assist or point out a link or contact it'd be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone from your club would like to join us or help trail guide LOL that would be great! We have not been there in years, but it was a favorite place.  We have it scheduled for Saturday, April 11th currently.

Offline 01anniversaytj

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Re: Mark Twain Forrest?
« Reply #1 on: 01/20/15 - 11:58AM »
There is, but i am unfamiliar with directions there, someone else will chime in.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 01/20/15 - 08:49PM »
You need to contact the ranger station in the section you wish to explore for a map of motorized vehicle roads.  They will not be sympathetic for inadvertent discretions.  Never wheel alone.  There are alot of county roads mixed in, so I would pick up a Missouri Atlas.

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/20/15 - 10:25PM »
Thanks for the info. Is there an area thats better than others? We've hit around Cassville in the past, a few years ago.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/15 - 10:43PM »
If I had to choose, I would say Doniphan/Eleven Point, Salem/Potosi, or Poplar Bluff. 

Offline YoungJK

• B.O.D. Officer - Club President
  • Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 02/27/15 - 04:42PM »
I've heard they have blocked off most of the old trail in the Cassville area.