Author Topic: Cb tunning  (Read 1996 times)

Offline 701Superjet

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Cb tunning
« on: 02/17/16 - 09:14PM »
I just purchased a cheap Cb.  Trying to get it installed for the trails this weekend.  I have a 4' firestick 2. Planning on a left rear bumper mount.  Sticks up above my hardtop a few inches.  I assume this will be fine for trail use. I was wondering if anyone knows how to tune it? I don't have a swr meter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Cb tunning
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/16 - 09:41PM »
There are a couple of club members who have the meter, at the next meeting or club run just ask and I'm sure someone will help you out. Personally I just did what you did, install a cheap cobra with fire stick  and it worked out pretty good. :)

Offline 701Superjet

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Re:
« Reply #2 on: 02/22/16 - 11:56PM »
Well I got it tuned and it does work pretty well.  Now I need to peak it.  It is a cobra 19 ultra  III.  It is only outputting 1.5 watts according to my swr/watt meter I purchased.  I'd like to do it myself.  Trying to figure out which pots to turn.  I'd just like to take it up to the legal limit of 4 watts.  Not trying to reach outter space but I would like a little more power for penetrating the woods.  I may end up taking it to the guy at hoods.  Hopefully I can figure it out though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk