Author Topic: Chevy 350 YJ  (Read 3922 times)

Offline AF-YJ

Chevy 350 YJ
« on: 06/28/16 - 11:04PM »
Been a while since I have been on here because I didn't really have a reason to.  However, a few days ago I picked up a 1994 YJ with a Chevy 350/TH350 and a NP 241C drive-train.  It is sitting on 35in mostly bald tires.  Worked on the trans for 2 days but no luck, took it to a shop and found out the trans had water in it.  Its in the process of being rebuilt and should have it back thurs/fri.  As for now the drive train is out and being cleaned up and new parts are being ordered. 

The day before I got it

Now

Engine before

Engine now

Offline emiddleby

• Admin
  • Level 2
Re: Chevy 350 YJ
« Reply #1 on: 06/29/16 - 02:07PM »
i have some bfg km2 35 with around a thousand miles on them if interested, 5 rims and tires

Offline AF-YJ

« Reply #2 on: 09/30/16 - 04:52PM »
Not a lot happening over the last month or because I was out of the country.  Got the transmission back and the drivetrain installed.  The adapter between the transmission and xcase is leaking transmission fluid so I have to pull it back out and get a bigger oring I suppose.  I changed the valve cover gaskets because one was leaking.  It still doesn't have exhaust but I figured I would drive it around town since it had been sitting for so long.  I am taking to get the exhaust done on the upcoming Monday, pricing windshield replacement, and tires.  It has 35s with 4.10s and the RPM are through the roof.  I was thinking about removing the 1inch body lift and going with 33s to hopefully make it more street-able.  Yes, no, maybe? I am open to opinions.

Offline HYRYSC

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 5/16 - 11:35AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't going down in tire size make the RPM's go even higher? 

When I went from 30's to 33's before I regeared, my RPM's went down quite a bit and I consistently had to downshift to keep RPM in the powerband.

Sounds like you might need to step up to some big-boy tires...38's anyone?

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 9/16 - 08:51PM »
You are correct, same here when i went to 35's with 4.11's I lost low end and can only use OD on very level roads lol. I need to regear---4.88's or 5.13's but hard to justify since I don't hardly do any highway driving and my transfer case is already low geared.

Offline Hesburn

« Reply #5 on: 07/ 7/17 - 03:07AM »
You are correct, same here when i went to 35's with 4.11's I lost low end and can only use OD on very level roads lol. I need to regear---4.88's or 5.13's but hard to justify since I don't hardly do any highway driving and my transfer case is already low geared.

Nice, how's it looking now?
« Last Edit: 10/28/21 - 12:19PM by Hesburn »