Author Topic: Club trail run  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Club trail run
« on: 04/27/04 - 10:03PM »
We are trying to get a club run together sometime in early June. I would like to get everyones input on what day you would prefer to go and where (we have discussed going to Joplin or Disney). The last few runs have not had a very large turnout and I am trying to figure out why, (money, too far of a drive, not enough notice, etc.) so your input is needed and appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline MAVERICK

• Level 1
Re: Club trail run
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/04 - 10:13PM »
To me it seems like we go to Joplin quite a bit and Disney is a little too far most of the time.  I would like to see a run planned for the Cassville area or Glade Top near Bradleyville.  If we are wanting to drive, maybe a weekend run to Hot Springs to the Superlift Park.  

Just some ideas
04 Yellow TJ Wrangler X

Offline tyman

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 04/27/04 - 10:22PM »
I'm up for anything...It have to be somthing a little rubicon could do though...at least till I lift it.  I would somethign where we could camp or hotel for the night and drive back the next day.   Is Patosi(sp) out of the question.

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 04/28/04 - 07:52AM »
Potosi is out of the loop for me cause I have a problem spending a weeks paycheck just to get in the gates, not to mention all the other expenses once you get in.
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline iJeep

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 04/28/04 - 11:21AM »
The local planned runs to Cassville or Chadwick always seem to get better attendance.  I think it is because it doesn't cost as much to get out there and doesn't require an entire day.

I am hoping to be wheeling a lot this summer so I'll go wherever a little stocker can go.

Offline jeepcj

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 04/28/04 - 11:50AM »
Chadwick or Cassville work better for me-already have to drive far enough!! :applaudit:  :applaudit:
001 TJ
1986 Grand Wagoneer
1987 Grand Wagoneer
1988 Grand wagoneer
1987 Comanche-really rough!!

Offline torkmonstr

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 04/28/04 - 01:01PM »
Potosi is out for me also. I won't spend half a paycheck(:cool: ) to drive through a gate when we have so much good wheel'n close and cheaper. Hot springs would be fun, but not until I get the money pit up and going again. I too am now driving a stocker so, let the fun begin.
at-Sleep-Jeep
Too many mods to list, It never ends

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 04/28/04 - 08:13PM »
I have no problem going to Chadwick or Cassville, I have just been trying to stay off of public land with large groups and the trails are not always trimmed back and the obstacles are far and few in between.  I also like to run trails that I have not done before.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 04/28/04 - 09:12PM »
I'd love to do Glade Top again....the trails we went on Sat for the second run were great.  Water was down and we were able to cross the creeks then. :bounce:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline forked horn

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 04/29/04 - 04:07PM »
I would love to go on one of these trail runs. Not being a member yet (hope to join the next couple of weeks) a close run would be great. glad top would be the best for me because of being in bradlyville and close to a babysitter. please post early the weekend of the run so people can make plans early. thanks david
8 cj 7 SOA on 35 bfg muds

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 04/29/04 - 08:05PM »
im In for anything within driving distance. Joplin is about the extent of Distance for me from Marshfield. Ill take anything local for sure.

Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline RebelCJ7

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 04/29/04 - 08:11PM »
Quote from: "GURU"
Potosi is out of the loop for me cause I have a problem spending a weeks paycheck just to get in the gates, not to mention all the other expenses once you get in.

Its merely the land use fee.. usually 20 or 25 bucks whichever it is.. and the other expenses? Food? What? No one ever has to buy anything once their "in" The bison burgers are there for anyone who wants one, however you dont have to buy one..

Just thought I would try to clear the confusion up as it seems most in the club think its soo expensive to wheel at the bison ranch.. yes bison burgers like 5 bucks if u want one.. but never do u have to buy anything to wheel..
**disclaimer** I am not THE spokesman, nor will i ever be for OJT, What i post is simply my opinion..**

Offline clubscorpiojeep

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 04/29/04 - 10:10PM »
I think we should keep it close. And I am in favor for a 2nd annual Glad Top Run and BBQ or potluck..

I believe the main reason people dont show on the disney run is the distance, especially with jeeps getting "great" gas mileage and the cost of fuel.  Keep it close and the turn out will be better. I agree with my wife, the M & G afternoon run rocked!!! lots of fun watching amys butt pucker on her "Virgin" run on some trails, but all in all she did well. :applaudit:  :beerchug:
eeeeeeeeep, There is no other !!!

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 04/30/04 - 01:16AM »
I vote for either Disney, OK.  I'm getting tired of Chadwick.  I think it would be better to go to a place that offers something for everyone.  There are places that have some challenging out in the open obstacles that are not only fun to play on, but fun to get out and watch, instead of being in a line of jeeps wondering what everyone is doing up there. (does that make any sense?)  Disney is farther than Joplin, but it's free to wheel.
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.  Experience is what you get when you don't.

Offline RebelCJ7

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 04/30/04 - 09:18AM »
Glade top = close BUT as stripe said all in a line and wandering whats going on..

Disney gets my vote
**disclaimer** I am not THE spokesman, nor will i ever be for OJT, What i post is simply my opinion..**