Author Topic: Club trail run  (Read 5401 times)

Offline KolorBlind

• Level 2
Re: Club trail run
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 1/04 - 02:46PM »
The way I see it, there are WAY more people in the club that dont have the means to trailer their Jeep, as opposed to the people that do have the means to do so.  I would love to go to Disney sometime, and Joplin is ALOT of fun as well, but the idea of driving out there and breaking something on the trails without being able to get my Jeep back kinda scares me.
I think maybe that's the main reason Chadwick always has such a great turnout.  If somehting breaks, there are always moe than anough people to give you a lift and its a little more of a suttle feelinf knowing your Jeep os closer than an hour drive or more if it gets stranded for a day or so.

So I say, if we want a bigger turnout we go chadwick, and if we want to have something to plan in advance, so people can prepare financially and get a whole day off then Id have to go with Joplin.  Just my 2 cents
I get weekends off (not to rub it in) so Sat or Sun is cool with me!

Mike
000 XJ Freedom Edition - Stock so far

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 1/04 - 08:23PM »
I think maybe Big Pimpin was trying to set up a "different" trail run.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the question is about a trail run that is a once, or twice a year type of event.  We can go close to home every month, but Disney, or Hot Springs, or whatever, maybe twice a year.    Is that the Idea?

Offline Annie

« Reply #17 on: 05/ 4/04 - 12:03PM »
You guys should check out the new Rockport Offroad Park in
Pittsfield, IL. A bunch of us Midwest JT folks have been spending more and
more  time there.

There are a lot of steep, tight and muddy trails and also a big man made rockpile in 3 different gulleys. They are running some rock crawling comps there and it is big fun.

$25  per day which includes 1 passenger.

Tom and Debbie Wombles are the owners and they are great people.
Really involved in the park, on site and glad to see you when you come.
If you want something extra they are often willing to do pig roasts and
stuff like that for a reasonable fee.

Check it out.  

http://www.rorp.com/home.html

Annie

Offline iJeep

• Level 4
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 4/04 - 01:18PM »
Rockport sounds nice, but it is a pretty big drive to get out there.

I checked MapQuest and these are the distances to the major places around here (and moab).  I haven't been to most of these places, but Disney isn't as far as I thought.

Joplin, MO 74 mi
Disney, OK 136 mi
Potosi, MO 178 mi
Hot Springs, AR 261 mi
Rockport, IL 282 mi
Moab, UT 1122 mi

I think it would be great to have a planned run to Disney or somewhere a little more challenging and further away once or twice a year.  Not everybody will be able to make it, but we will keep on doing the more local runs in between which will be more convenient for everybody.

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 4/04 - 08:24PM »
I think Disney sounds good, But I'm up for anything. If I'm off that weekend. I'm off on the 12th and 13th, and the 26th and 27th. If we go wheeling then, that would be awsome. Rock port sounds cool but it is a drive. Like I said I up for anything. Something is better then nothing :bounce: