Author Topic: Stocker Trip  (Read 3742 times)

Blueyellow

Stocker Trip
« on: 07/29/04 - 03:10AM »
Now Alot of you may Know me and alot of you don't But I have an Idea. We all Enjoy Wheeling together. But Heres an Idea, What if we Had a Stock. Semi Stock Run. not saying you Big Boys aren't Fun to watch By any means and Video tape and you are all Very cool And Don't leave a one of us behind But Sometimes you want to go out with Jeeps Your Size. I own an 89 with 33x12.50 with a 2 inch body lift. No Lockers. And I Just can't get up them Big Rocks Like all the big boys can.  The last two runs I have done, have been with a mixture of vechiles from Stock guys all the way up to Big Ritch's Bohemethe. And We have a good time But we do have a time trying to find out if the vehicles in the group can make it up to hard spots.
    This might be something that has to be voted on in a meeting. But, Hey it was worth a try. I really enjoyed Big M and there were alot more trails out there than we got to.
   We left the group for the second trail and headed off by ourselves (CJ7 LAredo and I) and We found a great trail for Us. The Big guys would have been dissapointed.  But we enjoyed it.
    So This is just an idea if you agree on it Post it. And we'll see if we can get a date set.
   And Just for my benefit. Sunday would be alot better than SAturday. But if not No Big deal

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
Re: Stocker Trip
« Reply #1 on: 07/29/04 - 01:41PM »
I agree, with this, i really enjoy going out and watching, i just want to do all the things they do and cant. sunday would be a good day because i have a child and they have scheduled activities and i miss the runs.  just my .02 cents.
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline BigTJ99

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 07/29/04 - 02:33PM »
I would be up for going, How far is big M? I also have a buddy that has a farm around the Turners area that i have made trails on and we could go out there anytime.
.....NO MORE JEEP :(  Just a little Dodge now

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #3 on: 07/30/04 - 09:02AM »
I think it's a great Idea.  It's a lot of fun whatching the "Big Boys", but I get "Jeep Envy"

A stocker run would help some of the newbee's see just what a stock jeep is capable of.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/04 - 03:48PM »
sundays would be perfect for me, so you can count me in.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline FireKyle

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 1/04 - 02:22PM »
Sounds like alot of fun, just post a date and time and I'm in !!!

Offline CJaredo7

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 1/04 - 04:39PM »
Hey Al,
I'll be there for sure...whatever the decision is to go... count me in.  I'm bringin my digital video cam and my digital still cam this time!

Hey, you comin by today?   I'm about to head out to the garage to work on the rig... come over any time you're ready, call my cellphone if you're not sure I'm around, I might go to oreillys to buy a filter setup for the jeep, it's about time for one...that and I need to get a new rebuild kit, I think I may try to rebuild the carb soon after I get back from Colorado.
82 CJ-7 Laredo with some stuff...read about it at http://www.inajeep.com/

CJaredo7

norske_jeeper

« Reply #7 on: 08/ 2/04 - 08:28PM »
Pick a day and place and we will be there!! Big M sounds fine......it will sure beat the trail rides at camp jeep this year, they were boring.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 08/ 3/04 - 06:58PM »
We'll be there!!! Hey, my cherokee could go where some of those big'uns were...just ask em from the second run at the M&G....I was kickin A$$ and now that I have my 3" lift on and 31.5s...i'm rarin to go.....since we ended up in the wrong place for Big M....that really sucked...AND the kicker is..we were at Big Cedar and could have met up with the ppl in Holister a whoppin 10 min away!!! MAn was I mad...lol but i got over it.  :beerchug:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline 4 Wheel Customs

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 08/ 5/04 - 06:17PM »
Count me in for the beginning of september.  I am headed to Ouray,Co for 2 weeks and will be back for it.  Sounds like a great time.  Just don't want narrow trails.  Not a big fan of scratches.  How mild are hese trails?  Boring for a TJ wiyth a 6" longarm kit?  Oh well its wheelin..
hris Darnell
4 Wheel Customs, Inc.
www.4wheelcustoms.com
Chris@4WheelCustoms.com
417-881-8747

Offline 75CJ5

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 08/ 6/04 - 12:00AM »
Sounds great to me....

My old CJ has been garaged for the past 5 years - I'm almost ready to get it out and run.  Probably won't be ready for your first stocker run, but I'd love the opportunity to play with the smaller rigs.

Offline Snoopy

« Reply #11 on: 09/13/05 - 02:13AM »
I am all for it ... be it stock or what ... having fun and enjoying each other company. Is my interest !!!!!!!!!!!!
987 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 1 tons and 42's, locked front and rear
1983 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler, 35's and locked front and rear
1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler, 33's and locked front and rear

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #12 on: 09/14/05 - 11:11PM »
so when are we going to do this?!?! :monkeedance2:  :monkeedance2:  :monkeedance2:
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline mixer

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 09/15/05 - 06:25PM »
hey i would be very interested in going, i have not been able to attend any event yet....always something coming up seems like....blue yellow, imet you at your work a couple of weeks ago..i drive the concrete truck for conco...give me a call and let me know when you wanna go....417-693-7187...ron :beerchug:
"GO TOPLESS"

Offline RockGeneral

• Level 1
« Reply #14 on: 09/16/05 - 03:48AM »
Hey, I just thought I would let anyone interested know that there are about ten Jeeps going to Disney, Ok. the weekend of Sept. 23,24,& 25.  I know it's short notice but anyone and everyone is welcome to join us (the more the better).  
  The tentative plan right now is to meet at the Republic Wal-Mart at 6:00 P.M. on Fri. the 23rd of Sept.  That time is not set in stone by any means so just let me know if you are interested.
  If you have never been to Disney there are good camping facilities (with showers) and plenty of places for great wheelin no matter if you are stock or built for anything.  The Jeeps going range in size from stock to built.  Most of us are taking our families so all are welcome.  You cam P.M. me E-Mail me or call my cell as long as you call in the evening (I work nights) the number is 224-2016.  By the way my real world name is Jamie.

Rock General
f you are going to be a bird be an early bird, if you are going to be a worm sleep late!