Author Topic: Womens Competition for Breast Cancer Foundation  (Read 961 times)

Offline alwayssmiling67

• Level 1
On May 27th, Rockport Off-Road Park will be holding a Women's Competition to raise money for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I am a mammographer and have seen first hand many, many times lives and hopes destroyed because of this terrible illness. I hope that we can raise a lot of many for this cause while having a good time.

For simplicity, we are aiming this to be a Rockcrawling Competition based on the RROCK rules and vehicle requirements.
http://www.rorp.com/Events/2006/RROCK/index.htm

$100/entry for all classes. Women are encouraged to seek sponsorship for their entry fees.
I'm asking the radiology group that I work for and also the hospital that I work for to contribute my entry fee and possible other contributions to the fund.

All entry fees, raffle prize money and spectator fees will go to the foundation. Women will be allowed a male spotter if they choose and also a "pit crew" for possible repairs.(This would be a good thing for the shops to get involved in).
To aid in the planning of this event, I would like those interested to state what class of vehicle (Modified Stock, Legends or Super Modified)they would be competing in.
Any other input or ideas is also welcomed.
We want all participants to have fun and feel great about helping with this cause!
We hope to make this an annual event with big results.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thanks,
Debbie
rorp@irtc.net
217-437-5337