Author Topic: More Pics from the build up  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
More Pics from the build up
« on: 01/31/06 - 08:03PM »
Here are some more pics from our work Sunday.

Offline blue yj

• Level 1
Re: More Pics from the build up
« Reply #1 on: 01/31/06 - 10:11PM »
looks good what tires and wheels are you running

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 1/06 - 01:14AM »
wheels are thous 16 X 8 ALUM HELO MAXX 8 WHEELS that sahara had for sale http://ozarksjeepthing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2729

and the tires are 37" SSR's

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 1/06 - 02:34AM »
I noticed in some of your pics that there are leaves under the rear.  Is this the setup?
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 1/06 - 12:32PM »
yes for now that is what I will be running untill I get some extra funds then it will go coil over

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 1/06 - 01:20PM »
So what exactly are your plans?  I see that you are putting a fuel cell in, but why did you cut the floor open, instead of just putting it on top of the floor.  Are you swapping axles or just stretching the wheelbase?  Just curious.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 1/06 - 10:20PM »
We cut the floor to raise the factory tank 6" and then we will raise the rear seat 2.5". The fuel cell will be covered so no fumes will get inside when the top is on.
We put a 14 bolt rear and a 44 front driven by a 5.7 tuneport and a twin stick 205.
We streched her out to 109"  and running

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 2/06 - 02:49AM »
Quote from: "Project92YJ"
We cut the floor to raise the factory tank 6" and then we will raise the rear seat 2.5". The fuel cell will be covered so no fumes will get inside when the top is on.

So basically, you were going to raise the tank and then decided to go to a cell?  I am confused as to how that works because I tucked my tank 3 inches and only raised the floor 2" to make it all fit with a 1" body lift.  What are the dimensions of the cell?

We put a 14 bolt rear and a 44 front driven by a 5.7 tuneport and a twin stick 205.

Saw the motor in the pics and it looks like an old block with the TPI intake.  Geoff tried to sell me that too but I stuck with my TBI stuff that I had.  Should run good if it doesn't catch ... uh nevermind LOL.   What tranny? Why the 205?

We streched her out to 109"  and running

109" on leaves or are you going to put coils under it.  Hydro steering?  I can't figure the math on this.  Stock YJ is 93" so you stretched the back about 6" (guesstimate to your pics)  how is the front setup with a 4" stretch?  You are going to have to move the steering behind the axle.  Ask me how I know - I am doing SOA SR on mine and it can't go too far out without hydro.  Have you mocked the steering up?  

Sorry that I have so many questions but I have been looking at ALL your pics and am trying to figure it all out.  I have had many discussions about wheelbase and setups.  We have guys in the club at 103" and they do real good on 42's.  You are going to be running 37's best I understand and it seems like that may be a little long for 37's.  My .02.  Keep taking pictures.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 2/06 - 08:48AM »
Better get to shaving that 14 bolt.  I've run those axles with same size tires.  If you don't shave it you'll be hung up on it.  They make a nice rock anchor.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 2/06 - 01:36PM »
future plan it to run 40" tires but that will be around summer time.

We are run the factory tank I have 2 body lift on my jeep

back is back 8.5" and the front has move 4.25" foward

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 02/ 2/06 - 01:38PM »
So your at 103" not a 109".
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 2/06 - 03:40PM »
I will take a pic if it this weekend and post it