Author Topic: WELDER RECOMMENDATIONS  (Read 3899 times)

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: WELDER RECOMMENDATIONS
« Reply #15 on: 06/ 5/06 - 03:37PM »
I am not getting into that arguement!! LOL  You probably have anyway but have you completely built one, like I am trying to do??? HMMMMM  HEHEHEHE  (I have wondered more than once WHY I am)

But what do we know.

See ya soon.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: 06/ 5/06 - 10:15PM »
well mud i was trying to stand up and say something wasnt right, (parental mode) calling him toyotagrl isnt cool either.

thick skin is nice, but its seems a little bullheaded not to take into some considerations.  toyotaguy has had wheelers and can provide helpful info also.  rash as he is, he has some knowledge in his brain housing group.

now for the welding.  i highly recommend a good welder (machine and user) to do your links and have dynatrac do your link mounts.

with 44 inch tires, youll be throwing insane force to the axles.  research is your key to success.  you scare me a bit when you say a carpenter buddy and has done some welding.  practice welding and getting good penetration.

i see a lack of experience, so ask questions. im putting rocks under my yj now, and my last one had a 60 front 14 rear with 44s.  

i guess thats my .o2 worth again, im gonna grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.  

brad are you going to ever get done with your jeep?
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #17 on: 06/ 9/06 - 11:57PM »
I THINK YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BEFORE YOU GO BIG. All you are going to do is get build this great rig and not know how to handle it.  I am only saying this brecause it seems to me from some of your questions , you are new to this. wheel it for a good year or more acumilate the parts, tools and some knoledgable friends then go wrench crazy. I am sure if you come around wanting to learn and perticipate and not just flash Daddys money around people will take you a bit more siriosly.

as for yota..... you rule man. I got back too.   :beerchug:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BrandXJ

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 06/22/06 - 11:57PM »
'Ol YJ, good buddy!
 Ya ever try spell check?

HEHEHE! :applaudit:  :boxing:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #19 on: 06/27/06 - 04:03PM »
So did you buy any fab tools yet?  Started building this thing?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 07/ 4/06 - 10:58PM »
yes pics too......
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Blueyellow

« Reply #21 on: 07/ 5/06 - 12:09AM »
YOu guys won't let up will ya. LOL... I am sure He'll show up someday with a Rig and Hopefully the driving skills Also. Can't wait Hope to see you out on the trail someday
Al

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #22 on: 07/ 5/06 - 12:46AM »
I hope he does too.  I was just wondering if it was all talk or he was actually doing something.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato