Author Topic: where  (Read 2589 times)

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
where
« on: 06/20/06 - 03:42PM »
wheres a good place to buy diamond plate? I need to buy a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" black dimond plate. I got priced 260$ here in lebanon :bigeyes:

also looking for black diamond plate in considerrably thinner to make a custom dash out of.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
Re: where
« Reply #1 on: 06/20/06 - 08:06PM »
i get my steel from lake steel on 42 in osage beach.

they always give me a good price. tell them that geoff at ozark offroad fabrication sent you and they should give you a good price.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline Comanche

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 06/20/06 - 08:14PM »
Rose Metal Products Inc
Po Box 3238, Springfield, MO 65808
(417) 865-1676
(417) 865-7673 (fax)
 http://www.rosemetalproducts.com

E. Division ST

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 06/21/06 - 09:57AM »
Keith - do not buy from Rose.  They are the highest place in town.  When they run out of something they buy from other steel shops and still mark it up they do the same thing with their fabrication.  I have had other laser/waterjet/plasma guys in town tell me that they are working on stuff for Rose all the time.  I buy from Ozark Mountain but I am not sure that they would have black.  

Brad
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/06 - 10:14AM »
I got a decent price on 3/16" sheet metal from Falcon Steel on Eastgate in NE Springfield a few years back.  If you're still in school and know the shop teacher well, you might be able to buy through the school and get a better price.  Especially since you want a complete sheet with no cuts.

Later,
Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 06/21/06 - 12:21PM »
might try eagle sheet metal
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 06/21/06 - 02:14PM »
Quote from: "LibertyPatriot"
I got a decent price on 3/16" sheet metal from Falcon Steel on Eastgate in NE Springfield a few years back.  If you're still in school and know the shop teacher well, you might be able to buy through the school and get a better price.  Especially since you want a complete sheet with no cuts.

Later,
Keith

I called them yesterday and got quoted 230+tax for 1/4" black 4x8 sheet.

I wonder if i couldnt go 3/16 so save cost but still have it support seats and crap.

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 06/21/06 - 04:19PM »
Quote from: "junkyard"
i get my steel from lake steel on 42 in osage beach.

they always give me a good price. tell them that geoff at ozark offroad fabrication sent you and they should give you a good price.

did i ever tell you i love you :beerchug:  i have done some research on diamond plate and 1/8" will work for what we are doing not 1/4 like dad thought (i was right on the size :agree: )    for a 1/8" 4x8 sheet of black its 98.38. I didnt mention you because i have no idea how to pronounce Geoff :confused:  But yeah so that beats all other deals right now by 40$. I dunno how much they take off for you but 98$ aint bad

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 06/21/06 - 08:00PM »
they carry my tubing for me, and i like them.  they never make me buy tons of stuff. if i need rollcage tubing i tell them how much im looking for and they stock it for me.  they always have a nice supply of .120 walled hrew for stuff and dom when i need it.

im glad they were cheaper for you

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 7/06 - 11:20PM »
Well I have had my metal for a while but now I have my racing seats and 5 point harnesses so I need to cut this mofo. I need to cut a 22x42 rectangle and a 7x16 rectangle and a 24 x 28 or so rectangle with an arch for my engine skid.

its 1/8" steel diamond plate

I have no band saw and no torch so what do you recommend? Anybody here with a plasma?

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 11/ 8/06 - 12:49AM »
you can buy metal cutting blades for a circular saw at any hardware or even wally world they work pretty good for sheet metal hell for all metals I have cut wheels in half with one. Actually I have several if you are going to be down in the Springfield area at anytime
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 8/06 - 08:52AM »
ill be at my shop this weekend.  give me a call 573-201-3486  and you can bring it over and we will get it cut for you.

im finishing barretts jeep this weekend so ill be there saturday and sunday

Offline rubiconcouple

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 11/ 8/06 - 08:54AM »
Just  remember they do great  job  but  if  the  saw  is  one of those  newer  plastic  ones  well it  will melt  it down you have  to have  steel cased  saw not  meanning  to but in to convo   but  I learned  that from experiance..  but  they do great  job...

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 11/ 8/06 - 07:23PM »
Quote from: "junkyard"
ill be at my shop this weekend.  give me a call 573-201-3486  and you can bring it over and we will get it cut for you.

im finishing barretts jeep this weekend so ill be there saturday and sunday

Hey thanks for the offer but I will be out of town this weekend deer hunting.

And my circ saw is metal body :beerchug:

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 11/ 8/06 - 10:19PM »
i have a couple metal cutting blades that will fit a metal saw, you can have but youll have to come get them.  might be cheaper to just run to walmart and grab them.  they work decent if you dont go to fast.