Author Topic: 1990 toyota 4runner ,wheels working against each other .  (Read 944 times)

Offline 58jeepwillys

• Level 1
hello,,i have a 1990 toyota 4runner with v-6 5 speed and 410 gear ratio,,,,i just replaced the rear third member today,,,,,,,,,i bought this 4runner with a bad rearend ,,,,anyway when i put it in 4high or 4 low it goes right in and engages but heres the issue ,,,,when"on the pavement " going straight and turning the wheels it seems they  are working against each other it seem the rears"tires" are wanting  to turn ahead of the front tires ,,,my question is this should i look into the tranfer case or should i look at the front gears ,,,the data plate shows the 4.10 gear ratio ,,,what could it possibly be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anyone has a clue please let me know ,,,,,thanks tony in baxter springs,kansas

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: 1990 toyota 4runner ,wheels working against each other .
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 1/06 - 06:59PM »
Toyota in some vehicles put higher gears in the front so they would spin faster and pull you straight in snow/ice.  But that would seem to be contradictory to what your experiencing.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato