Author Topic: WHy the double log in?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
WHy the double log in?
« on: 12/17/06 - 06:14PM »
Hey, Most of the time I sign on, I have to do it twice in a row.  This is not due to mistakes nor is it my laptop because it happens on both other PC's I use.  It happened all the time for a comple of months, then recently I started getting on first try.  Now it's intermittent...what gives?  

I don't so much mind the double entry, however, when I hit "posts since last visit" there's nothing there every time this happens.  

Thanks,

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: WHy the double log in?
« Reply #1 on: 12/17/06 - 11:37PM »
I don't know exactly what is happening, I have it happen to me every once in a while.  I have it set to keep me logged in so I don't have to worry about it.  I have the same thing happen to me on other boards.  I think it's just a glitch with this version of phpBB.

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 12/18/06 - 12:54AM »
I'm have to login twice many times, or click a post 2x in order to reply or drill down into it, it's been this way for awhile, ever since the .com and .org switch up. This is most likely an issues with cookies or sessions. I think it could have something to do with both the .com and .org address being used in the boards code somewhere. If that is the case it needs to be one or the other since cookies are domain specific, it can't be both. You can have one point to the other, but as far as the coding goes it needs to be consistant throughout... this is all of course just my theory and it could be a number of things but this is where I would begin.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Jeepsters Wife

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 12/23/06 - 01:56AM »
Hey Whitehead it happens to Mike and I also, so we just go up top when the home page comes up and push the to check your messages please sign in, and we only have to sign in once. It does take you to your mailbox but it shows what has new post instead of us trying to figure them out all over again. Hope this helps you out for now. Talk to ya later on!

JW
GATE LADY SAYS!
Thumbs UP! To wheelin @ SMORR!

Ranch Rockette Says!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever......Live as if you'll die tomorrow!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 12/23/06 - 11:58AM »
I have it hapen to me as well but it has been going on before the .com .org thing if that help Jimmie. I just stay logged in as well
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson