Author Topic: all the spam?!?!?  (Read 4416 times)

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: all the spam?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: 01/28/07 - 01:12AM »
I edited the spam post so no one would accidentally click on the link.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #16 on: 01/28/07 - 10:38AM »
Keith..you shouldve been able to delete the post itself and not the topic..in the upper right hand corner of the post, should be a little X icon to delete the post, next to the EDIT QUOTE IP etc...OTJxj did the quote from the spammer and in his reply the link is still active so hope many use caution and not click on it..anyway, the X option is what we have on our phpbb bbs and works pretty well against the spam.
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #17 on: 01/28/07 - 11:10AM »
Fixed it.  This is not the first time that this thread has been spammed,(I thought it was humurous too) I deleted the others, I missed this one because there were posts after it.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #18 on: 01/28/07 - 01:06PM »
the spam is terrable for a fact, but thats just how it is..I hope you guys are not too overwhelmed by it and stressed out over it..this is suppose to be fun and if you get stressed over it, then it isnt fun anymore..but hang in there! STINKIN SPAM!!!  :ahhhhh:
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #19 on: 01/28/07 - 04:19PM »
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT, BUT I AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE MOD TEAM NOW.  SO AS I SEE IT I AM DELETING IT.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #20 on: 01/29/07 - 10:16AM »
DrLewall, I know I could have deleted it, just left it so folks could play a little with it.  I didn't think about the Quote with the links in it.  I usually delete the whole thread.  I agree, it's nothing to get stressed about, we are working on a betting way to handle it, as with HVACMASTER and others being moderators to help control it until we have a way to prevent it.  Just like all of the extra parts and junk that folks post that you're not interested in, don't click on it and look at it.  duh!

Keith

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #21 on: 01/29/07 - 11:11AM »
I could lend my services in eliminating the spam... not by moderation, but by diving into the code and applying patches and work arounds that would stop the register bots from registering and being able to post.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #22 on: 01/29/07 - 04:33PM »
Quote from: "whitehead"
I could lend my services in eliminating the spam... not by moderation, but by diving into the code and applying patches and work arounds that would stop the register bots from registering and being able to post.

That's what I'm talking about... [Cajon Boy voice]E-limo-na-shon!
  •  :headpop: