Author Topic: ADOBE gurus out there??  (Read 2004 times)

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
ADOBE gurus out there??
« on: 02/ 7/07 - 12:01AM »
My wife works as an "Assisted Care" giver to mentally handicap people. She has a form that she has to fill out every day for records of care given to patients. She asked me if there was anyway to scan the form on the ole pooter so that maybe she could type it all in insted of writting it in with ink.

Well, I scaned it, saved it as a PDF file. The problem is, it is NOT an "interactive" pdf thus the best we can do is, print out a copy of the form and fill it in with ink. No way to type in the info in the fields on the form. So are there any Adobe gurus out there that could take this form, and convert or make it an "interactive" pdf so my wife could type in the info and print it out?
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: ADOBE gurus out there??
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 7/07 - 12:18AM »
FWIW - when I scan stuff in my scanner gives me an option to scan it to editable text.  You might be able to do that or to scan it and then put it into Word and do it that way.  

I am not the most computer literate guy so this may be off.  Just thought that I would try to help.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 7/07 - 12:56AM »
I adobe guru.

You can't scan something and expect it to magically do what you want... haha. All you are doing when you scan something is in essence, taking a digital picture of it.

What needs to be done is the entire form needs to be recreated with a full version of Adobe Acrobat (not the reader). Like what I did with the Fall4xFest registration form if you seen that.

If it is a simple form with 4 or 5 fields I would be happy to convert it for her given that she types out all the copy (the wording) so that I all I have to do is copy and paste.

If it is a more complex form... then it would cost in order for me to do it.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 7/07 - 01:09AM »
TNX for the offer Jimmy..will email the form to you so you can check it out..it's a real simple form..I think maybe 4 or 5 fields..anyway will send it your way and see if it's sumthin you might wanna monkey with..tnx agn!
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 7/07 - 01:35AM »
Be ever mindfull of the new HIPPA laws when scanning anything that concerns healthcare, or anything that contains patient info.  The feds are really going to be cracking down on this stuff in the near future.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 7/07 - 09:37AM »
Theres not any patient info at all on these forms..they are just real simple blank forms that info goes on and is turned in..if I can get it in Adobe, the info would be typed in and then printed..the info typed in would not be saved so no patient info is saved on the pooter..hopefully, Master Jimmy will see if he can help..and if he can't, oh well..my wife will just hafta fill it in by hand..you guys know how it is, the wife complains abt sumthin at work, and in our best efforts, we "MEN" want to help them with thier work problems by fixxing it, and thats what I am try'n to do here for her..if I can, great, and if I cant, she will still love me..so the effort has to be made, knowatimean?  :brows:
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 7/07 - 03:57PM »
Jimmy, If the form is copyrighted by a healthcare affiliate such as an HMO, NIH, NIMH, university of medicine then it is illegal to have the form in a word format. The form is meant to be handwritten and an inspection of healthcare records by those who govern such as an HMO who does routine inspections will expect that form to be handwritten and not typed. A stiff penalty is given to those who are committing the infraction. So Jimmy be careful what you are doing with this form. Dick is correct in HIPAA rules and effective 5/23/07, all healthcare providers must have a 10 digit number that is filed with the federal government and this PIN must be handwritten on each sheet of paper in a medical record regardless of the type of form we are required to use.
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 7/07 - 04:31PM »
Your all set Dan... ended up being 47 fields... SHEESE! I'll be careful what I volunteer myself for next time!  just kidding ... was not that big of deal.

There was no reference to any health care anything, no copyrights, just a plain jane form that is not able to be saved... you have to fill it in and print it, you cannot save it with information in it.

I sent it to you email...
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 7/07 - 05:03PM »
TNX Jimmy..its just what we were looking for..not to be save, just printed out and then she will sign each one in ink..the main reason to do this was to save her from writers cramp and to sharpen up her typing skills..this is gonna work..TNX!
DrLewall
"Doc"