Author Topic: New Spidertrax 9" Build  (Read 3249 times)

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
New Spidertrax 9" Build
« on: 08/ 1/07 - 04:29PM »
Here's a few spy shots of an axle we're building for a customer....

Specs:
Spidertrax 9" Center Section with 3/8"wall tubes (1/4" tubes available as well)
We'll cut it to length (63" wms-wms) & weld on our 9" ends in a JIG
True Hi9 Center Section with 4.88's
35 spline Detroit Locker
& an Explorer 5on5.5" Disc Brake Kit

Sitting pretty in the show room for now

Showing the Massive 3/8" wall thick Axle Tubes

Fully Machined Surface after final welding to ensure truely flat mounting flange

Welded inside & out

Just ordered the True Hi9 Center Section & it should arrive later next week.  Once we get it, we should be able to wrap it up fairly quickly & I'll post more pics.
 These have such a high ground clearance I may be replacing my 35 spline Dana 60 rear for one sometime in the near future!!!

Just about everyone that has come into the shop and looked at this housing has taken a second look at it.  Even some of my drag racing customers!  They're like "Hmmm....that fit under my old '56 wouldn't it?" LOL

Honestly though it is an outstanding product & we're proud to offer these to the public now.  We have all of the abilities to cut these down for either front or rear applications and have many different knuckles/housing ends to choose from....
-Currie
-Dynatrac
-Dedenbear
-Spydertrax

Come by the shop to check out this Bling'n Axle if you're in the area!
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: New Spidertrax 9" Build
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 1/07 - 04:53PM »
We have a club member currently building one of those also. I'm curious why did you do the true HI9 as opposed to the reverse 8.8 model?  I mean there is a HUGE difference in price.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 1/07 - 05:31PM »
Well the customer gets what the customer wants!

The Currie 8.8 High Pinion 9 is a good unit for some mild wheeling, but the owner of this doesn't exacty do any "Mild" wheeling.

It's going in a CJ7 with a Vortec V6, running 37" tires.  And believe me I've ran with this guy before...he gets it!
  That little CJ on 37's would keep up with the rest of us running V8's and 40" + Tires.

The True Hi 9 will be the last axle the owner ever buys, unless we put one in up front too! LOL

I'm sure he'll be stepping up to some 39" Iroks at some point & may do some head work on the 4.3 to get some more power out of it.
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 1/07 - 07:49PM »
Trust me the guy building one down here gets after it.  His is a front.  I had just been reading around and there seems to be little difference in strength between the 2 and was just curious why he chose the HI9 center.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 1/07 - 09:48PM »
Although they are out there, there have been very few TrueHi9's broken.  Now take that # (which is next to nothing) & compare it to the Currie 8.8" version & you'll see what I'm talking about.

Plus the Currie 8.8 version is limited to 4.88's.  This customer may want to step up to 5.13's in the future....who knows?

-Kenneth

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 6/07 - 08:04PM »
Update.....

Center section showed up today.  We'll be machining this axle down this week, weld the new ends on, then shafts should be here next week...

More pics....Enjoy!

Now that's some serious clearance

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 7/07 - 08:53PM »
That is a serious thing of beauty. You do nice work... keep em coming.  :cool:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline keegan

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 08/ 7/07 - 09:00PM »
oh snap! thats a niece piece!
Keegan