Author Topic: Set of ZF Axles going into a Sammi  (Read 1423 times)

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Set of ZF Axles going into a Sammi
« on: 08/ 7/07 - 11:08PM »
Picked these up on Sunday.  The plan is to lengthen the wheelbase to approximately 110" and run at least 44's.  Here is the first piece of the puzzle.

The axles will be going under this sammi.  It has a 4.3 Vortec with a 6 speed auto tranmission used in the Cadillacs with the northstar motor.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Set of ZF Axles going into a Sammi
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 7/07 - 11:10PM »
Can't wait to see how it turns out, I was waiting on the build to start!
 :agree:
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Re: Set of ZF Axles going into a Sammi
« Reply #2 on: 08/31/07 - 07:33PM »
Took today off cause I was going to go to the Zuki meet over at Disney this weekend.  Since I sold my EFI Sammi last weekend I decided to stay home and work on this one.

Here is the progress as of today:

-I pulled the body off completely
-I started cutting off all the uneccesary factory brackets on the frame
-I pulled the transfer case-gonna fab up all new brackets and skid plate
-I removed the radiator (gonna get a larger one)
-I pulled off the Chevy Gear box and Z-link (FOR SALE)
-I removed the exhaust from the manifold back (new exhaust coming)

Things that I will do this weekend:

I will probably pull the motor and transmission so I can fab up my own motor mounts.  I want to drop the motor a little lower to give it a lower center of gravity.  I don't know if I will be able to do that due to the exhaust manifolds and spark plugs but I will see. While I am at it I will make a new transmission mount cross member and transfer case mounts.

I will need to cut off the front of the frame where the previous owner did a complete hack job when installing the Chevy gear box.

Here are some pics as of 10 minutes ago.