Author Topic: Green Giant  (Read 1347 times)

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
Green Giant
« on: 09/11/07 - 11:56AM »
King's Off Road Enterprise has a new project in the shop.

Project "Green Giant" will start out as a '95 YJ that has seen better days. This vehicle belongs to a K.O.R.E. employee & will be a showcase of the different parts we make along with the work we perform.

Since this is an employee's vehicle, this build will only be worked on periodically in the evenings and weekends as time allows between other builds we have going. Be patient on the updates.

The body on this YJ is pretty rough & will need some attention.

The plan & parts list for this build is as follows:

- Cut body & frame behind seats

- Add K.O.R.E. signature tube work to finish it out

- Custom K.O.R.E. front Tube Fenders

- Chevy 350 5.7L

- TH350 Auto mated to a Dana 300

- Front Full-width Dana 60 with Detroit, utilizing K.O.R.E. Drive Flanges & Hi-Steer Arms

- Rear 14 Bolt

- Air Shocks in the rear with custom 4 link suspension including our own CNC formed Control Arm brackets & Truss system

- K.O.R.E. Heavy Duty Differential Covers front & rear

- 44" TSL's with Custom Beadlocks made in-house

This is the preliminary list of mods for this build. The plan for now is to leave the front sprung over, but that may change as the build progresses.

These are pictures before the cutting begins...

YJ stripped of the hard top, factory roll cage, motor, trans, & t-case

These next two photos show how beat up the passenger rear corner is

King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Re: Green Giant
« Reply #1 on: 09/23/07 - 10:04PM »
looks like you found a set of military beadlocks with a "Good" set of tires.  every set I have found have been pretty dry rotted and rough.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 09/24/07 - 12:15AM »
Got anything done on this yet? Excited to see.  :cool:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 09/25/07 - 03:16PM »
Quote from: "ford381stroker"
looks like you found a set of military beadlocks with a "Good" set of tires.  every set I have found have been pretty dry rotted and rough.

Yes, they are in great shape.

They will be up for sale real soon too.

Quote from: "whitehead"
Got anything done on this yet? Excited to see.

Yes we have the back half of the body cut and have started on the tube work.
  We had to put it on hold though because of a new buggy build we've got and some other projects.

I keep meaning to take some pictures, but I've been too busy to stop and get it done!
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com