Author Topic: WHAT ARE THE BEST TIRES  (Read 4887 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: WHAT ARE THE BEST TIRES
« Reply #30 on: 11/ 4/07 - 11:27AM »
My $.02 ia you can't beat the BFG M/T's.  The new ones look awsome.

I have had 2 sets, and I love em both on and off road.  They ride great on the road, are quiet, and where well.  Off road, the gripe everything fantasticly.  Pay the money, and get quallity.

Brad what are your tires griping about?  Do they not like it when you run into all the trees or what?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #31 on: 11/ 4/07 - 05:41PM »
I r so good at spelin, I dosnt need no spel chekr
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline a0upperdown

• Level 1
« Reply #32 on: 11/30/07 - 05:49PM »
I've had BFG AT's & MT's, Pro-Comp AT's & MT's, and Superswamper TSL Radials.

I liked the BFG AT's. It's a really good med/high composite tire, great for the road and dry off-road. They don't clean very well in the mud tho.

I really like the BFG MT's, and currently run them. They have the same med/high composite and clean really well for a streetable MT.

Pro-Comp AT's and MT's are a bit harder and don't clean as well. But they do make for a really streetable tire.

Superswamper TSL Radials are really good Off-raod tire. Infact their one of my fav's. The only setback is their price and "Supersoft" composite. Their not good for daily driving because of their mileage. Especially for those of us on a tight budget.

I've had a few friends run the Micky Baja Claws and they liked them alot. I've never heard anything bad about them. Another tire to look for is the Maxxis Buckshot. They kinda model the BFG MT but their alot cheaper. But for the weekend warrior, who needs good mielage durring the week and sick off-roading ability on the weekend. I'd say BFG MT's FTW!!!
FORD <3's JEEP<br />JEEP <3's FORD