Author Topic: highline fenders  (Read 5964 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
highline fenders
« on: 11/ 5/07 - 11:45PM »
has anybody around here done the highline fender mod?
where you cut the bottom edge of the hood down, and raise the fenders up. i have read that you can fit 35s with 2 inches of lift with this mod.

i just dont know what to do with the back fender wells to match the raised and larger front wells.

here is the front done.
those are 35s!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: highline fenders
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 5/07 - 11:47PM »
The rear most compcut and move the axle back.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 5/07 - 11:51PM »
i dont think im quite ready for that step yet :78:

and i would really like to do this with tube fenders too.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 6/07 - 01:25AM »
go with tntcustoms tube fenders. They are what i have and you won't have to butcher your stock fenders like you do with the other brands. They are a complete replacement fender. So you can keep your stock one to sell, or put back on if you ever get rid of your jeep.

Aaron is right... with only two inches of lift you will have to comp cut the rear for 35's.

To clear 35's on a TJ, you need a minimum 6" of lift. without cutting... that is if you plan on wheeling it. You could probably get 35's on a Mall Jeep with 4" of lift.  :P
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 11/13/07 - 03:05PM »
i have seen many that the rear is not comp cut, the rear fenderwells are raised up and they use the stock flares to try to cover most of it up. the front is a mod that can be done in a short time, the rear takes a bit longer. i have done one this way. it works nicely for keeping the ride height down and the CG really low
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #5 on: 11/13/07 - 03:53PM »
Jp magazine fit 35's on a TJ with no lift.  They used the one piece hood/fender and cut the rear out some.  They wheeled it and didn't look too bad.  It was in an issue a couple of years ago.

Keith

Link to the hood
http://www.4wheelers.com/hoods.html
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 11/14/07 - 04:29PM »
I like the hood; really cool.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #7 on: 11/22/07 - 11:16AM »
i rode with a guy in phx that had this done to his jeep..with the tubes...it had 35s and was an offroad monster.  he had to do some fabbing on the back (cutting and bending) but it looked as good as stock if not better...kinda wish the tj came like that.   in my opinion its worth the time cause of the tire tuck you get from it...like they said without a six in lift you wont tuck 35s, but this keeps the center of gravity down so much that an off camber sit. doesnt feel half as bad as it would.  We were pactically on our side and it didnt tip or teater at all...my jeep would have been on its top. :deadhorse:
Lata, Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline tcrouth

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 11/30/07 - 11:28AM »
AEV makes a kit that replaces the hood and the fenders and show u how and where to cut on the back

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 11/30/07 - 11:40AM »
AEV is VERY expensive. i have read write-ups of people using all stock parts, and it turned out lookin very nice. i just read one last night where the guy used his poison spyder tube fenders to do it. it looked awesome!