Author Topic: YJ Dovetail  (Read 32557 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
YJ Dovetail
« on: 03/ 2/08 - 11:40PM »
Figured I'd post my build since this section of the forum is usually dead.  So here is my current undertaking. Progress will be slow since living in an apt sucks, and the jeep isn't where i live.

Well decided to dovetail my jeep.  Lots of work, but should lead to a cool custom ride.  The basis for this was jeep was getting repainted and it seemed like a good time to go ahead and do it. 

So total plan:  Dovetail, new tail lights, new gas tank filler, herculine the interior, and most likely a twin stick while I'm at it.

PICS:
Heres the jeep after the basics have been removed

Old Damage that is going to be fixed before hidden with rockers:

Cage we built over the summer getting cut out to be narrowed:

[/
« Last Edit: 03/ 2/08 - 11:43PM by YJ_Aaron »
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: YJ Dovetail
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 2/08 - 11:41PM »
Now the custom Brake Lights: (steel to make brake light buckets)

Finally the CJ gate I'm going to use unless I find one in better shape on the cheap:

[/
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 3/08 - 11:35PM »
AWESOME! i loves builds like this. i cant wait to see the final product. and those tail lights are PIMP!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 4/08 - 09:27PM »
going to be bada** when you get it done.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 03/ 4/08 - 09:50PM »
I seen it today, it's looking good.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 5/08 - 07:33PM »
Thoes lights look awesome, cant wait to see everything together and finished.
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 03/10/08 - 07:06PM »
Got the cage narrowed and back in.  So far all those who have seen it seem to like how it is coming apart & together. 

To those who have stopped by thanks for the help.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 03/10/08 - 09:16PM »
For those of us that haven't seen it, would you mind posting some more pics?  I'm looking forward to how this will turn out.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 03/10/08 - 11:13PM »
I've only got 1 more.  Thats when the cage got tacked back in place.  For those wondering YES we did slug were the cuts were with DOM so it should lose no structural integrity.

For those who have seen it at this point the cage does look very narrow at the rear.  As I'm certain the body will.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 03/14/08 - 10:53PM »
Starting to look like something is happening now. 

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 03/15/08 - 07:00PM »
lookin good Aaron (and Brad, don't want to leave Mr. Vice President out). going to be one mud throwing dude (just got back from SMORR and it was a little muddy today).

Scott
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #11 on: 03/16/08 - 08:14PM »
Thanks Scott. 

Here are the updated pics.  Both sides are on, just lots of massaging of the metal left.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 03/16/08 - 08:39PM »
looking good Arron, can't wait to see it done. are you going to try to go Safarri benifit?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #13 on: 03/16/08 - 08:42PM »
If I make it back in town in time I'll be out for the Safari benefit run, but the jeep wont' be there.  It's got lots of body work and paint to finish before Jambo.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 03/16/08 - 08:50PM »
are painting it the same color? I've got everything done to my 44 except get it assembled. Also hve everything except locker for the 30.