Author Topic: YJ Dovetail  (Read 32554 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: YJ Dovetail
« Reply #15 on: 03/16/08 - 08:55PM »
Good man.  Did you put a locker in the 44?

Its getting a new color as well as herculiner on the inside.  Bittersweet Pearl is the new color. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #16 on: 03/16/08 - 09:01PM »
I got a Detroit soft locker, 4.10s, relocated the shockmounts, and relocated the vent hole. I'm just going to run the stock axles for now. Are you going to try modify you soft top to fit the jeep? 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #17 on: 03/16/08 - 09:15PM »
I sold the soft top... going to "alter" a windjammer, just got a new windjammer, and my old safari top may have to be mod'd.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #18 on: 03/16/08 - 09:20PM »
That thing is looking sweet!  How many hours do you think you have in it?  It looks like it is going to be worth it though.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #19 on: 03/16/08 - 09:25PM »
he's changed his mind so many times on that Jeep I think he has about 500 hours minimum in it.  :P
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #20 on: 03/16/08 - 09:26PM »
Jimmy, I surprised you haven't talked him in to flames

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #21 on: 03/16/08 - 09:33PM »
haha. Indeed it would look great with flames on it... as would your Cherokee!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #22 on: 03/16/08 - 09:36PM »
haha. Indeed it would look great with flames on it... as would your Cherokee!

Don't forget that they add horsepower.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #23 on: 03/16/08 - 09:38PM »
it will needed to be painted sometime in the future, maybe it will get a nice flame job.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #24 on: 03/16/08 - 09:42PM »
It was originally going to get flames, but I'm going single color now.  As far as hours in it... I have NO idea and would hate to add it up. 

The color is chosen and I'm going to pick it up along with hardener, primer, etc next week. 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #25 on: 03/16/08 - 10:52PM »
Hey Aaron.. is the Bittersweet Pearl the same color you showed me last month? Kind of on the orange side of the color wheel?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #26 on: 03/16/08 - 11:15PM »
Ya, it looks to be about 2 or 3 shades off from larrys.  I decided not to go the copperhead color like originally planned.

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #27 on: 03/17/08 - 08:33AM »
looking good. can't wait till you want to sell it. i know it will be hard for you to hold on to it for a year. i may be ready for a different jeep by then.

scott
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #28 on: 03/17/08 - 12:21PM »
I'm pretty sure there's a line already formed for this one IF he ever wants to sell it.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #29 on: 03/17/08 - 01:56PM »
I'm pretty sure there's a line already formed for this one IF he ever wants to sell it.

We have a "verbal" agreeement that he won't sell it until a year after it is finished! 

I am the head of the line!
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.