Author Topic: YJ Dovetail  (Read 32556 times)

Offline brian674

• Level 1
Re: YJ Dovetail
« Reply #30 on: 03/30/08 - 12:35PM »
That looks good. Can't wait to see it finished.
03 TJ SE

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #31 on: 03/30/08 - 09:57PM »
Here it is today:

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #32 on: 03/30/08 - 11:40PM »
Lookin' good!
Did you get that rocker damage fixed yet?  How did you go about doing that, just curious.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #33 on: 03/30/08 - 11:45PM »
I sanded all the old paint off and Larry hammer and dollied it out.He had it done in 10 min.
The pass side I'm going to leave since it's smaller and would be a nightmare to fix. 

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline derf1184

• Level 1
« Reply #34 on: 03/31/08 - 10:40AM »
Looks great.  I can't wait to see it.

You know, if you're gonna hack apart your jeep you really shouldn't do such a good job.  It makes me think about what I could do to my not-yet-paid-off TJ.  I've already got enough bad ideas, I don't need more.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #35 on: 04/ 9/08 - 12:55AM »
Update:

The fab work is done with the exception of a latch for the CJ gate.  The filler neck looks good on there and the cap on the inner fender Brad did turned out excellent.  I'll try to update the pics later this week.  The body work is progressing and I finally bought paint.  House of Kolors Tangelo Orange pearl is what sitting in here. 

Also repaired gas gauge, and installed new gas tank skid plate to replace the old one which was as crumpled as they get.

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #36 on: 04/12/08 - 06:25PM »
lookin good; good choice of color..i think the orange will really make the package.
LATA
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #37 on: 04/14/08 - 12:59PM »
Update:

Also repaired gas gauge, and installed new gas tank skid plate to replace the old one which was as crumpled as they get.

Yeah Marty beat the heck out of that Jeep.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #38 on: 04/14/08 - 01:14PM »
Well thanks to Alex & Brandon for coming by saturday and helping the project along.  Alex wired up my rubi compressor after brandon made a bracket for it.  I plumbed it and so far its working. 

Doors and tailgate are ready to be primered and the rest of the body work is progressing.  The jeep should be fully primered (except old grill) for Jeep Jamboree. 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #39 on: 04/14/08 - 01:46PM »

Cap for the backside of the TJ fuel filler. 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #40 on: 04/21/08 - 12:18PM »
Jeep got primered last night in prep for Jamboree this weekend.  Body work isn't done but it's getting closer.  All thats left is reassemble, tailgate latch (in progress), and a rear bumper and it's ready for Jambo.

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #41 on: 04/21/08 - 03:19PM »
look's good. can't wait to see it with a pretty paint job

Scott
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #42 on: 04/21/08 - 03:55PM »
look's good. can't wait to see it with a pretty paint job

Scott

you and me both man... I'm sure there are another half dozen that feel the same way since they've been dropping by to check it out and help when needed.

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #43 on: 04/21/08 - 05:37PM »
I guess if you had to pick a time to have any trail damage now would be the time.
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #44 on: 04/23/08 - 10:32AM »
I guess if you had to pick a time to have any trail damage now would be the time.

Tommorrow it goes on the trailer!  Take it down and see if the Rubi locker works and if the sheetmetal is far enough out of the way!
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.