Author Topic: YJ Dovetail  (Read 32558 times)

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
Re: YJ Dovetail
« Reply #45 on: 04/23/08 - 05:51PM »
Good Luck!!! I hope everything works out.  Wish I could come, but not enough cash in the pockets to go that far right now.  Let me know how it goes.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #46 on: 04/24/08 - 01:03PM »
Tommorrow it goes on the trailer!  Take it down and see if the Rubi locker works and if the sheetmetal is far enough out of the way!

let us know how it goes.
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #47 on: 04/27/08 - 01:21PM »
It worked very well.  We found a couple of little things that need to be addressed, but they were minor.  Locker worked great with no noise.

All in all it was a great weekend.  We didn't have to wrench on it at all.

It was even used for recovery to pull a couple of Jeeps up a hillclimb with no crazy noises!
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #48 on: 04/27/08 - 05:00PM »
Yes I was happy with how the jeep performed.  We didn't run any hard trails but dragging those up cherokee pass put a little strain on it. 

I'll put up some pics in here even though they will be posted by Sara or myself in a jambo pic thread.  She took like 400.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #49 on: 04/27/08 - 05:10PM »
Glad to hear everything went good. Was there a good turn out?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #50 on: 04/27/08 - 05:17PM »
I think the count was over 50 paying participants but I never heard the final count.  We did have 1 from British Columbia there in a 2 door JK. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #51 on: 04/27/08 - 06:15PM »
Yes I was happy with how the jeep performed.  We didn't run any hard trails but dragging those up cherokee pass put a little strain on it. 

I'll put up some pics in here even though they will be posted by Sara or myself in a jambo pic thread.  She took like 400.

Hey Aaron ... Why don't you post them on the SMORR site in the Jeep Jamboree Gallery along with all the others?
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #52 on: 04/27/08 - 07:32PM »
I might, If Sara wants to upload them all twice once they are downloaded to my comp.  Right now they are still on the camera in Branson.  We'll put them on here tuesday most likely.

Offline saramelles

• Level 1
« Reply #53 on: 05/ 1/08 - 06:04PM »
Brad behind the wheel

And of course Aaron had to let ME drive, here is the proof!

Is it ever gonna be my turn to play in a jeep?

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #54 on: 05/ 1/08 - 10:04PM »
looking good. now i can't wait to see it with paint on.
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #55 on: 05/ 5/08 - 12:45AM »
Great job guys!  Can you give anymore details on the lights!  I have been looking for an option for a J10 Stepside build and I think this is it!  I would like to find one a little shorter and wider... where is a god source to shop? 

Have a great week,

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #56 on: 05/ 5/08 - 12:59AM »
I just knew the measurements of the room we had and started searching online.  For the narrow/long lights it seems that enclosed trailer suppliers are the best source.  Thats where mine came from.

Thanks Jesse, I can't wait to get it painted.  The paint has been sitting on the counter and needs to be on the jeep!

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #57 on: 05/ 6/08 - 11:36AM »
I'm coming down this weekend and seeing the jeep is most definately on the agenda.  I've heard too mush about it, I gotta see it for myself. 
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #58 on: 06/20/08 - 11:43PM »
Well these pics are in the club album, but I thought that I should show the finished for now version in the build thread.  So here they are.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #59 on: 04/13/09 - 01:52AM »
UPDATE since I haven't posted in this thread for a long while.

On Presidents day I had a bit of carnage...
THIS

LEAD TO THIS

In that pic it's a stock (abused) junkyard chevy dana 60.

I'll update with some more pics this week.  As of now It's got a detroit locker, and is in the middle of a full rebuild with lots of NEW parts!