Author Topic: good trailer suppliers?  (Read 5015 times)

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
good trailer suppliers?
« on: 03/21/08 - 09:07PM »
I am in the market for a new trailer. I currently have a 16ft tandem axle no brakes and no dovetail I need a 21-24ft tandem with brakes on at least 1 axle. With my willys nearing completion and already having the yamaha we can't fit both on a 16ft trailer.

Does anyone know of a place to get what I need fairly cheap?

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Re: good trailer suppliers?
« Reply #1 on: 03/21/08 - 11:03PM »
I am sure that somebody else will know some great places.  I have heard that Branson Trailers (www.bransontrailersales.com/) are reasonable, but you get what you pay for.  From what I understand, that dont really cut corners, they just dont have all the bells and whistles, liking painting under the deck.  Anyway, I know some guys in the club have some of their trailers, maybe they will post up.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 03/22/08 - 01:40AM »
McCurry trailers in springfield. have good trailers at fair price.you can tell them itold you to go their.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/08 - 10:00AM »
Heard good things about this place
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-7k-18-ft-Deluxe-Flatbed-Car-Hauler-Utility-Trailer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80769QQihZ021QQitemZ310034427880QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Just stay away from the place in Puducah TN that offers Ebay trailers. Not very customer courtius and not of the best of quality, BUT they do have a good price

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/08 - 07:02PM »
are you going to sell your 16ft trailer....if so id be interested i need one to haul my jeep around

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 03/25/08 - 09:06PM »
yup once I find a suitable replacement in my price range I will sell my 16ft trailer. It was recently re-done it has new fenders,deck (2x8), jack,wiring,lights and I painted it Yamaha blue. It has good tires with a good spare but the wheels are UGLY!

I built fenders supports that make an L so the fenders are strong enough to be used as steps onto the trailer.

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 03/25/08 - 10:00PM »
pm me a price...im very interested i would like to buy one soon but can wait until you find something

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 03/26/08 - 05:35AM »
I hope this works on posting pix.
Just be careful on buying a trailer. I just went through a bad trailer experiance that turned out OK in the end. I bought a trailer sight unseen (due to being deployed) and paid near $1700. This is what I got

http://www.itsajeep.org/vBulletin/gallery/showimage.php?i=33342&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=5

Went through the process of I don't think so I want my money back and then found this for right at $1800

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 03/26/08 - 10:28AM »
there is a new trailer dealer in Nixa, dont know anything about them or there prices, but never hurts to check
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 05/29/09 - 12:19PM »
I know that this thread is over a year old but thought I would throw in my 2 cents for future buyers reading old forums. I have found that Wildcat Rental on highway 60 on the way to Rogersville from Springfield is very hard to beat from a price/quality standpoint. All the trailers that they sell are the same ones that they use for their rentals so they come with the heavier axle etc. Just thought I would throw that out there!
EMAW