Author Topic: Where to buy new tires??  (Read 2282 times)

Offline 97_TJ

• Level 1
Where to buy new tires??
« on: 04/ 7/08 - 04:00PM »
My Baja Claws are on their death bed and I've been researching new tires for months now. My jeep will probably be my daily driver for the next 2-3 years so i was thinking of choosing a new tire with a little better street rating but still good off-road. I've narrowed it down to possibly a Bridgestone Dueler M/T, Firestone Destination M/T, or the Kumho M/T's. Anyways, I was hoping to get some feedback on the best places to get tires in springfield at the best possible price. If anyone has any opinion on either a better 35" tire or a good place to buy, I would greatly appreciate the help. 

Also I have a "never mounted" spare 33"12.50 15" mickey thompson baja claw that I would sell for 100 if anyone is interested you can contact me via my cell at 417-234-1655.  (TIRE ONLY)

Thanks, Nate
« Last Edit: 04/ 7/08 - 05:59PM by 97_TJ »

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
Re: Where to buy new tires??
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 7/08 - 04:37PM »
Have you checked cooper tires?  I have heard great things about the STT.  I have a set on the way to run on the comp rig. 
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline 97_TJ

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 7/08 - 05:12PM »
Yes, that was one of the tires that I was and still am considering but they tend to be a little pricey. The ones I mentioned got great reviews but were also moderately priced. If there is a place that sells the coopers at a good price, i'd look into it

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 7/08 - 05:56PM »
Check out joes tire shop, they have the stt theyre and i almost got a set. located on division, #869-3308  :)
               jeeper guy
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:00PM »
get them online...  discount tire  i bought 3 sets of nittos from them for my truck and 2 other peoples trucks and shipping was free and they were a good 200 dollars cheaper then in town

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:04PM »
Check at Safari offroad.  I don't know if he sells coopers or not.  Allen tire in Hannibal is where mine came from.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:23PM »
I just race with them and thought I would just put their name out there.  Cooper actually makes Mickey's and Procomp tires so I have been told.  No online some companies actually ship for free but I have always found them to be higher than most of the local guys.
2009 Sponsors:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:32PM »
Well you can try down at Johns4x4. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:39PM »
I was gonna say them also but they don't keep many tires on hand they order them in but Brandon will treat you right if you can wait for them to get in.
2009 Sponsors:

Offline 97_TJ

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 7/08 - 06:43PM »
Yeah, I've had a couple people recommend that place, saying that they provided good service at good prices. thx

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 7/08 - 10:36PM »
i just bought 4 nitto terra grappler 285/75/16 tires for 540 bucks shipped to my door....ive always had better luck online then in the stores

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 04/ 7/08 - 11:24PM »
I got a set of 42" from johns4x4. order one day had them the next.for about the same price as online and my money stay local.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 04/ 8/08 - 04:14PM »
Call Mike at Hickmans Tires 417.863.9520, he's on W. Chestnut.  Local business and fellow jeeper.
« Last Edit: 04/ 8/08 - 04:17PM by stripe »
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.  Experience is what you get when you don't.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #13 on: 04/ 8/08 - 08:00PM »
i picked up my interco trXus MTs ( witch have been GREAT on-road and off) at Buds Tire and Wheel on College for the same price that all the online stores were selling them for. and mike mounted and balanced for free.

and again, local biz! great guys there!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Jeeper Creeper

• Level 1
« Reply #14 on: 04/ 8/08 - 08:21PM »
 Mike at Hickmans is where we buy all of our tires and wheels. Mike can tell you anything you want to know about tires, and he is really good at knowing which tires will be better for what your going to use them for. We bought our Pitbull Rockers from him, cheaper than we could have gotten anywhere else!
A girl,100lb Chocolate lab, a Jeep with 10 inches of lift and all covered in mud........life is FUN!!