Author Topic: Springfield Robbery  (Read 3781 times)

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
Springfield Robbery
« on: 04/18/08 - 12:17PM »
My brother's house was broken into yesterday (4-17-08) while he was at work. They let his two dogs out and broke into the back of the house. He leaves in the Chestnut and Grant area. To make it worse animal control gave him a ticket for his dogs being lose.
They stole:

42" philips plasma TV, silver
Playstation 3 60g. (They also stole the box out of the basement)
Motor storm
NHL 2k7
Resistance fall of man
The God Father
The Darkness
Cane and Lynch dead man
Guitar Hero 3 with no guitar
Time Crises with no gun
two blue ray movies: 300 and Shoot them up
and a few other smaller items.

It is very unlikely any of his things will turn up, but if anyone hears of anything or sees some of this stuff for sale please let me know.
Thank You!!!  :)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Springfield Robbery
« Reply #1 on: 04/18/08 - 12:58PM »
highly unlikey the games will ever turn up... but that plasma probably will.  Good luck.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 04/18/08 - 01:14PM »
Thanks,

I don't think will see the games, but He would be pretty happy to have has TV and Play station back.

Offline Jeeper Creeper

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 04/18/08 - 05:02PM »
The higher the prices get on things that people need to survive, the robberies will only get worse! We are thinking about getting some protection.
A girl,100lb Chocolate lab, a Jeep with 10 inches of lift and all covered in mud........life is FUN!!

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 04/18/08 - 05:08PM »
I agree. I think things are going to get a lot worse before anything gets better. I would get some kind of protection, it helps you sleep better at night. You never know who might break in your home.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 04/18/08 - 05:40PM »
The higher the prices get on things that people need to survive, the robberies will only get worse! We are thinking about getting some protection.

Use one of these:

I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 04/18/08 - 06:03PM »
Guns don't work if you are not home.

What kind of dogs are they.

It sounds like they knew exactly what and where they going for.

« Last Edit: 04/18/08 - 06:12PM by slurveysTJ »
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 04/18/08 - 06:06PM »
from the list it sounds like they knew where to look and I know how he feels about the dog ticket I got one when the cu guy left my fence open and that was a pain cause i have an american bull dog and they argued with me that he was a pit even though he is papered I would say to go around to the pawn shops and have them keep an eye out expecialy if her has the numbers for the stuff
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 04/18/08 - 06:42PM »
Guns don't work if you are not home.

What kind of dogs are they.

It sounds like they knew exactly what and where they going for.

That is true but dogs are one of the worst options for home protection.  Buy a good alarm and do what you can.  Watch "To Catch a Thief" once or twice, I have watched them deal with dogs the easiest way.  I was making a  joke about the pistol (it's a .50 cal).  A shotgun is the best home defense weapon anyway!
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 04/18/08 - 06:46PM »
They always get you when your not home.
The dogs are boxers.
One 4yrs. other 2.5yrs old.

They opened the gated and the dogs ran off.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 04/18/08 - 09:01PM »
First of all, there is no way in H*ll that you should have to pay the dog ticket.  Call them and tell them what happened.  They will not make you pay it. 

Sadly I really doubt that you will ever see any of these items again, even the plasma.  I doubt they will ever see the pawn shops and if they do, dont expect one of these pawn shop owners to do you any favors over making a few dollars.  The TV and such will be sold on the street.  The SPD is shorthanded as it is and its getting worse.  They are running from call to call and the detectives are overwelmed.  Sadly, I hope he had homeowners with a reasonable deductible.

As far as the crooks knowing where to look, sounds to me that they just looked in the living room and possible and entertainment room in the basement.  They were after electronics.  Electronics are generally not too hard to find.  Like was said before, with the slumping economy there will be more property crimes.  On top of this, the City is cutting police officers as the crime rate rises.  This is a recipe for disaster.  Get some sort of protection, just make sure it has a loud exterior alarm, as the police response to one of those is no faster than other calls (not the officers fault.)

Just my $0.02.  I hope that they find his stuff and better yet catch the scumbags that took it.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 04/18/08 - 11:46PM »
.....  A shotgun is the best home defense weapon anyway!

I got your best home defense weapon ever produced:

Thank God for bat day at the ball park!
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 04/19/08 - 03:55PM »
TIP: don't leave your garage door opener in a vehicle left outside the garage... easy access. Happened to a buddy of mine in Battlefield a couple years ago. Dude's broke into his truck, then used the garage door opener to walk right in the house... at night... while they were sleeping.  :o It can happen to anyone... without a dog in the house that is...

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline 4wheelin

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 04/21/08 - 08:58AM »
Thanks for the tip. I'll pass it along.

He found out yesterday from a neighbor that they saw a red ext. cab truck in his driveway. She thought it was a Z71. I hope this will give the police something to go on.

Thanks for the help and input.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 04/21/08 - 12:09PM »
Thanks for the tip. I'll pass it along.

He found out yesterday from a neighbor that they saw a red ext. cab truck in his driveway. She thought it was a Z71. I hope this will give the police something to go on.

Thanks for the help and input.

Didn't someone WE know just trade off one of those?.......... 8)
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"