Author Topic: Bail Out... What's up with that???  (Read 2418 times)

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
Bail Out... What's up with that???
« on: 09/25/08 - 06:25PM »
I haven't had the time to research what is going on, so I figured I would ask you guys.  Whats with this big government bail out everybody is talking about???

Without having any of the facts, I say let'em go belly up... that's the risk you take....

Some info. would be great (some complaining not so bad either)
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Bail Out... What's up with that???
« Reply #1 on: 09/25/08 - 07:08PM »
GDub thanked me for paying my bills and my taxes last night.  He hoped I understood that I'm needed to help pay for all the deadbeats that got loans they couldn't pay for.

My grandfather felt like it was a honor to pay taxes, because he knew nothing good was free.  WE are the government, WE are bailing out all the losers that can't pay what they promised they would.... wait, we're not bailing out the losers, we're bailing ourselves out.  Cause if we don't, all of our 401k's won't be worth jackcrap very soon.

Wall Street takes it too seriously that old adage of "It takes money to make money."  Although they really go by the idea you can loan money you don't really have, but are promised to get back from a bad loan they already honored.

I don't really understand all of it, I just know in the end we have to do something or we're going to be working the fields by hand in a very short time if we don't.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 09/25/08 - 08:05PM »
It's a necessary evil from a finance perspective.  I personally wish we could afford those who tan their business model into the ground to be unemployed.  However from a finance perspective thats just not going to let our economy survive, if we don't do some sort of bailout loans will become impossible to get even with good credit, which will snowball into a worsening economy. 

I think it's interesting that when originally talked about the $700 Billion bailout was for the finance banking industry, now there are funds going everywere.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 09/25/08 - 11:42PM »
McCain said this would happen 2-3 years ago. He warned of it and everyone laughed at him, called him crazy. The Democrats said nothing was wrong... man were they wrong. This is all their fault, they are the ones who pushed the banks into giving the loans... made it so they had to or they would be severely penalized.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 09/26/08 - 01:35AM »
Here is a pretty good opinion of the bailout. 

http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2008/09/25/News/Ua.Expert.Explains.U.s.Economy-3452208.shtml

The guy basically says that the bailout sucks and is a bad idea; however, if we don't do it, we will be in a depression matching the Great Depression.  So it sounds like the whole "between a rock and a hard place" thing.  From what I know about it, which admittedly is not a whole lot, want them to do it, but then launch an investigation into how this happened and make sure people are held responsible for it.
Here another article talking about Obama advisors' ties to Fannie Mae.  They are so crooked, how can America not see it?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=75586
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 09/26/08 - 01:49PM »
So, basically we need to do the bail-out or we are screwed.  Got that much!!! So we go and borrow the money from _______????? We don't have the money, thats for sure. Basically we sell ourselves to another country.  China will own us and take over without even a war..... Mark my words...

I'm simple minded.  I look at it a little different than the average person because I am in business myself.  If I give someone a product and they don't pay, I'M SHIT OUT OF LUCK!!! No one will come bail me out, no one will help me keep my doors open.  I know of 3 feed businesses just like mine that are going out of business because they sold fertilizer on credit and then didn't get paid for it.  That's part of buisiness, it's called risk!! 

If these businesses loaned money to people that couldn't pay it back, then tuff titty.  No one made them give 100% + loans on homes.  Which is STUPID!!!

I have a solution.... next time someone wants to give that much money to poor people... I will come to your work with a TACK HAMMER and BEAT YOU until your not a complete idiot. 
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 09/26/08 - 03:44PM »
China will own us and take over without even a war

hahahaha, that's the funniest thing I heard all week. The're would be a war on my street.

I personally don't think we should bail them out and am against it, regardless of the consequences.
« Last Edit: 09/26/08 - 03:47PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #7 on: 09/26/08 - 04:21PM »
ok here is a very well done video that explains how all this happened and who is to blame. It's air tight.

use the pause button if it goes too fast for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 09/26/08 - 11:36PM »
China will take us over? Does no one else remember that being a fear in the 80's from the Japaneese? You can research how many corporations are now foreign owned it's still a small %. 

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #9 on: 10/10/08 - 12:23AM »
MORE PROOF. That the DEMS screw it all up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 10/13/08 - 01:36AM »
Great video!
I am Joe the plumber.