Author Topic: ??????  (Read 3244 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
??????
« on: 10/21/08 - 11:15PM »
 The Obama campaign passes along that he stopped wearing the pin years ago. Here?s the full context of what Obama said to the reporter:

QUESTION: "One last quick question, and this is just kind of a lighter note, you don't have an American flag pin on, is this a fashion statement? Those have been on politicians since September 12, 2001?"

OBAMA: "You know, the truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest, instead I'm gonna try to tell the American people what I believe what will make this country great and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Turns out that not wearing a flag lapel pin isn't the only way Barack Obama chooses to show he's a different kind of Democrat.

Have a look at the photo from the October 1, 2007 edition of "Time." It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson at the Steak Fry of Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) on September 17 in Indianola, IA during [according to the photo caption] the National Anthem. Richardson and Clinton have their hands on their heart. But not Obama. Does he perhaps believe that, like wearing the flag pin, the hand on the heart isn't "true patriotism"

« Last Edit: 10/21/08 - 11:17PM by OldYJ »
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: ??????
« Reply #1 on: 10/22/08 - 12:15AM »
I'm not even sure what to really say about that.  So what do we really know about President Biden?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 10/22/08 - 09:33AM »
So what do we really know about President Biden?

We will find out more when/if they get elected!  But, I bet it won't be long before Obama loses his head if he wins.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #3 on: 10/22/08 - 11:06AM »
...I bet it won't be long before Obama loses his head if he wins.

I've thought the same thing since he won the primary, but didn't want to put it in type.  I just can't believe nothing has been said before in the media about it.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 10/22/08 - 12:00PM »
They talked about it on FoxNews a while back.. they are the only ones, though I haven't heard much about it for a while.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 10/22/08 - 12:58PM »
There is a thread on Pirate taking bets on how many days in office until the end of his Presidency.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 10/23/08 - 04:53PM »
I look at it like this.  Elected he's dead and big uprising.  Not elected big uprising.  Either way there are gonna be some issues after this election and it scares me to death to think about it.  I might just store up on food and gas and go from work to home.  nowere else.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 10/23/08 - 07:03PM »
Agreed.  We thought the riots in LA were bad back in the 90's, just wait until the 5th.  Either way, it's going to be nuts in the larger cities.  Luckily I don't think we have too much to worry about here.  I don't think riots and looting would be a good idea around these parts. 
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 10/23/08 - 07:19PM »
I'd be inclined to agree with you bobby. Might be fun to watch though!

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 10/23/08 - 07:22PM »
I'll probably get a pretty good look at it.  I have to go to Chicago and NY the week after the election.  Should be interesting. 

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #10 on: 10/23/08 - 07:32PM »
I'll probably get a pretty good look at it.  I have to go to Chicago and NY the week after the election.  Should be interesting. 

I know you're probably flying, too bad you can't stock up on ammo before you go that way.

I think I'll stop in at Bass Pro tomorrow after the rally and pick up a few boxes of 7mm Mag and 357 rounds.... just in case.

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 10/23/08 - 07:42PM »
Yeah, unfortunately I have to fly.  I've got plenty of ammo here at the house though, and my wife is a better shot with a rifle than I am :-)

Besides, all you have to do is yell at a liberal and they start crying and run away.  Almost takes the fun out of it. 

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 10/23/08 - 07:49PM »
B-Love

your avatar is Awesome!!! :101:
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #13 on: 10/24/08 - 12:48AM »
Besides, all you have to do is yell at a liberal and they start crying and run away.  Almost takes the fun out of it. 

Unless they're blogging on the News-Bleeder.com, then they won't shut up.

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #14 on: 10/24/08 - 09:16AM »
I wouldnt be surprised if higher state officials have been notified that a plan shoud be addressed for during/after official results are realeased of the election. I agree that groups of people will not be happy if Obama is not elected and may even be pretty ugly.
The people I work with (most of them) all seem to agree that Obama is just dangerous and Biden well not much to say about the 2nd in charge either.

That picture of Obama above at the flag is a discrace, but you should investigate internet fwd's for yourself, dont just accept them at face value.

http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp
 is a site i like to use and check things out, HOWEVER, it has been accused of being Pro-Obama so be aware is all. I'm sure there are others also.