Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24813 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
I was requested to have a permanent firearm discussion area.  So therefore I have started this thread and will sticky it here in O.T.

First post.  I'm debating trading my .270 Browning BAR with a 4 to 12 Leupold Vari XIII for an AR15. 

« Last Edit: 01/ 5/09 - 10:04PM by whitehead »
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
well you can pick the ZOMBIES off alot farther out with the .270 but when you start gtting over ran that ar isnice to have
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
I like to use a 12 ga.doesn't reach out as far  but i can hit what i shoota little 22 rifle does ok,.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
I was requested to have a permanent firearm discussion area.  So therefore I have started this thread and will sticky it here in O.T.

First post.  I'm debating trading my .270 Browning BAR with a 4 to 12 Leupold Vari XIII for an AR15. 

That depends on the kind of AR it is.  DPMS? Bushmaster? Rockriver? Colt? Home built set up? ... and what comes with it?
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Well I haven't even listed it anywhere to try and generate any trades.  So no details. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Well bottom line is... your Browning with those optics is worth a heck of a lot more than just any AR15.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Well thats kind of my way of thinking.  If this one was a Belgium I'd hold on to it but it's not.  I'd like an M4 clone decked out. 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
well in my experience and opinion DPMS sucks, Bushmaster is just ok, Colt and Rock River Arms are both fine pieces of weaponry; The RRA Entry Tactical is what I have (with a few extras) and I love it, never any problems, always faithful; it'll shoot any ammo you put in it, even handloads.

Offline derf1184

• Level 1
Don't forget, you can always support the local economy and go with CMMG www.cmmginc.com
They're based out of Fayette, MO

I've heard good things and they always have a large table at the gun shows here in town

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Alex it seems like I've seen those before.... if I sell mine out right I'll be more picky with what I buy. 

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Don't forget, you can always support the local economy and go with CMMG www.cmmginc.com
They're based out of Fayette, MO

I've heard good things and they always have a large table at the gun shows here in town

I have looked at those and they seem to be priced relay good as well. I built my last on Hess shorty upper dms lower  had about $550 in when finished loved it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MeanGene

• Level 1
     Have you priced one recently, prices are going through the roof at the gun shops.  I was going to order lower and upper receivers from Midway USA but they were out of them.  They were out of stock with no backorder for many of the bullets I reload with.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
yeah, everyone has been buying the crap out of everything...since about January of last year.

If your just now deciding to buy, I'm afraid your a day late and a dollar short, for now anyway. But don't fret.. it'll all work out and gun, ammo, reloading supplies and prices will come down and become readily available again when a Republican get's back in office.

Offline TANK

That depends on the kind of AR it is.  DPMS? Bushmaster? Rockriver? Colt? Home built set up? ... and what comes with it?
[/quote]

Dont overlook Smith&Wesson's new M&P ARs

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
This was forwarded to me by another member and I thought it deserved to be posted.