Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24823 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
This was forwarded to me by another member and I thought it deserved to be posted. 

That is AWESOME!!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
I thought you guys would like that.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Ok guys for ccw 9mm,40s&w.or 45acp which one and why.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5

9mm is going to be easier to conceal and generally give your more rounds to pump into someone.  Some manufacturers don't offer a .40 in a small version, but some do. A .40 packs a bit more punch and is what I use for concealed carry; but I am shy a couple rounds from what I would have if I carried a 9mm. .45 will pretty much blow a big hole in whatever you shoot, but you don't get as many rounds.. and the gun itself is going to be larger and harder to conceal. For Winter time conceal a .45 would be okay in my book, but in the summer when you wear less clothes... I think it would be too bulky.

Questions to ask yourself.

1. How much money do you have to spend? With guns you get what you pay for.
2. Where would you carry it? Go handle what your wanting and see if it is comfortable.
3. See if a friend has what you want and go shoot it first and make sure it's a good fit for you.
4. Great guns in my book and experience.. Glock, Sig, & Springfield Armory
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
I love my .45, but it is very bulky for conceal... I have a keltec .380 ( 3 A T ) which a pretty neat little gun... very easy to conceal.  It fits in your back/front pocket very easy.  The clip only holds six, but you can buy clip extensions for 1 or 3 extra rounds. 

I also just bought a 9 x 18  made in Hungary.  It's cool as hell... it's small and easy to conceal and shoots almost the same size bullet as the .380.  I like it, I'll bring them this weekend and show ya.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
it doesnt matter what gun you have when you cant get bullets for them...walmart branson west is sold out of every handgun ammo there is, and the-armory.com is sold out too.
I like jeeps!!!

Offline TANK

I would rather have less rounds and a larger caliber than a smaller caliber with extra rounds. I don?t like the spay and pray technique, also it might be hard to explain to the police when they arrive why you shot someone 15 times in self defense.  I would rather have the knock down power for my money it?s the Springfield 1911 in 45ACP. You can get 1911s in a smaller frame and you can always carry extra ammo.  But hey that?s just my opinion do whatever seems best to you!

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Ok guys I bought a Stoeger Cougar 8040 it's in 40 cal. 10 shot.It's a Beretta Cougar that made in Turkey with Beretta tooling.
 Shot it today and it shoot great hardly any kick to it at all.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
Unless you opted out of the NRA newsletters you should have got this today.
Thought it was relevant.

Missouri Attorney General Signs Amicus Brief Supporting Second Amendment Incorporation
Please Thank Attorney General Chris Koster!

Two-thirds of the nation?s attorneys general have filed an amicus brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court to grant certiorari in the case of NRA v. Chicago and hold that the Second Amendment applies to state and local governments through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. This bi-partisan group of 33 attorneys general, along with the Attorney General of California in a separate filing, agrees with the NRA?s position that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms, disagreeing with the decision recently issued by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Attorney General Koster was one of the many who agrees that the Second Amendment is a fundamental individual right and signed the amicus brief.  Please call Attorney General Koster at (573) 751-3321 and thank him for standing up in support of the Second Amendment.  You may also e-mail him at ag@ago.mo.gov.

The State Attorneys General Amicus Brief can be found by clicking here.  http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/litigation/NRAAmicusFinal.pdf

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
Well, I finally decided it was time to pick up a new rifle.  Put the deposit down on a new AK today.  Pick it up in about a week and a half.  TAPCO composite stock, grips and clip in Dark Earth color.  Can't wait to go squeeze off a few hundred rounds. 
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
You know I'm there! 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Make it a club event :294_ready_to_rock:
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
Nice... I got a chance to squeeze a hundred through a former boss's AR15 last week and am now itching for one of my own. Every house should have one...
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline bronco72

• Level 1
I just bought the new Ruger LCR for my ccw gun.  I really like it so far.  I had the LCP and sold it to get this because I wanted the knockdown power. 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
My friend bought one at the last gun show, I got to shoot it a couple weeks ago... nice little gun, I liked.