Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24849 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Great Christmas idea the gun lover in your family!  :78:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsV50T5uEyw
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
.204 Ruger - What do you guys know about the .204 rifles?  I'm hearing good things about it, and I'm thinking about a bolt action.  I've heard good things about Savage (Model 12?) & CZ (which I know nothing about!).  Let me hear what 'ya think!
Mo Printer

Offline xj42

• Level 3
I've been tossing around the idea of building/buying an AR.
Is there an advantage to building one.  From the little bit of research I've done it seems pretty straight forward.
Thoughts?

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
I built mine. DTI(Wilson) matchgrade upper with a billet lower. The internal parts are Rock River Arms. EOTech and flip up rear sights. Pretty basic but it gets the job done. Go by Loftis they have a bunch of uppers and lowers. They are new and some used and priced reasonable.
« Last Edit: 01/17/10 - 02:48PM by map93heep »

Offline xj42

• Level 3
Did you save any money building it?  Any reason built it up vs. buying one?

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
paid 400 for the complete upper and 125 for the stripped lower. the billet lower is very nicely machined. the internals are rock river signal stage trigger i think it was around 75. 300 for the eotech, and 65 for the flip up rear sight. have less than 1200 in it once you figure grips, clips, single point sling. it all depends on want you want. ruger started making them and from the factory you get everything including piston driving recoil system, chrome barrel and bolt, flat top. all for between 1500 and 1600. for that kind of money you can also look at rock river, stag, smith and wesson, bushmaster, remington, and you might even find a colt. some of these will be cheaper than that ruger that's fully loaded. but its like anything else more options more money. Alex bought a cmmg, which in built here in missouri, they make a good gun and it is priced very reasonable. if you make sure not to use corrosive ammo you won't necessarily need a chrome lined barrel. there is allot of options, it all depends on want your wanting. a sniper rifle .308 or a m4 close quarters weapon. one thing about building you own is you can do it in stages, you are not spend a big wad of money all at one time. as far as putting it together, there is nothing to it very simple design.
« Last Edit: 01/17/10 - 03:03PM by map93heep »

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?lang=en&cl=17702029

Here is a link to a story about bible code being put put on military optics. I don't know what the big deal is, there are tons of products out there with religious reference on them. This won't deter me from buying one. I choose base on quality. performance, and try to buy American made, not because the manufacture religion.

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." 

I think the idea :icon_rock: - They will be the first place I look, when the time comes!
EMAW

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Last Edit: 03/ 3/10 - 04:36AM by 90finder »
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
I just aquired a Remington 870 express tactical shotgun with a folding stock installed on it. Im looking to purchase some additional accessories like the tactical heat shield and the tactical choke for it. Where is a good place in town to purchase/look at accessories at? This is my first gun and I got to do some shooting with it today and now im hooked!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Here's our shop defense gun!

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5

Where is a good place in town to purchase/look at accessories at?

Kelly's Police & Tactical on West Sunshine or 417 Guns on South Campbell and Plainview

Those are the only 2 places in Springfield worth going to. IMHO.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
Thanks! Im going to go check them out today.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
Here's our shop defense gun!

Thats pretty much what I want to do to mine. I'm in need of the 18.5" barrel, tactical choke, heat shield, and maybe a flashlight attatchment... Where did you get your stuff from?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Cedar Falls Tactical here in Park Hills. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato