Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24832 times)

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
I was going, and I may go Sunday, but I'M pretty sure everything will be sky high and the crowd will be tremendous!

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Just a heads up rumor has it that there is a web site that shows the address on a map (like google earth) of everyone that has a CCW permit. I haven't seen it personally but have heard about it. Supposed to work like looking up sex offenders.

Yep, some dumbass newspaper in the NE posted a map of all registered gun owners in their area, there was a break in last week that has been linked to the map.  If you ask me the newspaper is a bunch of f'n idiots for doing it.  The editor is a registered gun owner and they conveniently left his name off of the list even though he lived in the area.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
I was going, and I may go Sunday, but I'M pretty sure everything will be sky high and the crowd will be tremendous!

I was worried about skyhigh prices and crazy crowds but I thought I'd go at least and see what they had.

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
What  gun did  you have in mind?

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Not sure yet, thinking about something small enough for CC and maybe something a bit larger.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Chris I was planning on it, but looks like I'll be travelling instead. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
So what are some good reliable guns for the first time handgun owner?

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Your going to get about as many opinions as there are guns!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Just figure out if you want revolver or semi-auto.  If you like you can shoot one of each of mine before you go (but not for this gun show).

Also stick with big name brands in my opinion.

Springfield
Ruger
Tuarus
GLOCK
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Your going to get about as many opinions as there are guns!

I figured I would, but just like spotters when I am on the trail there are only certain ones I will listen to and take advice from!

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Just figure out if you want revolver or semi-auto.  If you like you can shoot one of each of mine before you go (but not for this gun show).

Also stick with big name brands in my opinion.

Springfield
Ruger
Tuarus
GLOCK

From what little I have shot I am not a big fan of the revolvers so I think I will be sticking to the semi-auto?s for now.   I?ll keep those brands in mind, thanks!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Is this something you want to have the ability to carry or simply shoot/home defense?

Personally it comes down to grip comfort and fit for me.  Which is why I prefer the full size GLOCK.  I'm also a fan of the Springfield XD.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Is this something you want to have the ability to carry or simply shoot/home defense?

Personally it comes down to grip comfort and fit for me.  Which is why I prefer the full size GLOCK.  I'm also a fan of the Springfield XD.

I am looking for both something to conceal and something for shooting/home defense, so I might get two guns, depends on price.  I kind of figured it would come down to the feel of the gun in the hand, if it isn?t comfortable to hold I won?t shoot it much.

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
That's right Chris, check out the kel tec pf 9. I also really like the Taurus slim 9. There is a lot of good info on conceal and carry on you tube.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
The Taurus 709 Slim is what I got for Anna, kinda small for a mans hand in my opinion.