Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24825 times)

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
May be small but comes down to ease of carry. My full size glock feels great but hard to conceal!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
No point in carrying if you can't be accurate.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Aaron they are all small in your hands.
don't forget 1911's they do make smaller ones.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Kel tec is very accurate, but like any gun you have to practice!

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Larry your right lol, and  colt makes an awesome gun in a 45 as well as sig  sauer $$$

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Just a heads up rumor has it that there is a web site that shows the address on a map (like google earth) of everyone that has a CCW permit. I haven't seen it personally but have heard about it. Supposed to work like looking up sex offenders.

I don't believe that can happen in MO. If I remember right MO statute keeps the CCW holders from public information. So people can't request that info by Sunshine Law.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Well right now the sunshine law expired! But its supposed th be fixed shortly!

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Chris, Steve & I are planning on going Sunday , Aren't we Steve? Also Chris I love my SA XD subcompact.

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Yes planning on Sunday gun show, maybe find last min. Deal???

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
I can't go Sunday, but I am going on Saturday.  Maybe find some bargains :78:  Also, I'll probably try to sell my 'AR-47'.  Seems like as good a time as any to sell an EBR for a premium price.
Mo Printer

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Well did anyone bring anything home from the recent gun show??? I went Sunday with Rob Guinther just to look around and see how sky high the prices went up on guns and ammo--and they did sky rocket! There were a lot of AR'S for sale on tables as well as people walking around trying to cash in on their own AR'S.

I'm thinking now that a ban on AR'S isn't going to happen, I don't think there is enough support to pass a ban, I do think magazine limits and expanded background checks are going to happen. Anyone else have an opinion?

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
I picked up two, a Taurus P709 Slim and a Taurus P24/7 G2, they were not priced too high above retail, I really liked the Springfield XD?s but all the 9 MM ones were priced too high.  I should have bought some ammo but didn?t think about it and everyone in town seems to be sold out at the moment and probably will be for some time.

I don?t know about the AR ban, there may not be enough support from the citizens but I doubt the average citizen?s opinion will be taken into account when that decision is made for us.   I agree the mag limits will more than likely go in.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
My buddy bought the Taurus slim a couple of weeks ago and I really like the way it looks and it has really good reviews also--bout the same as the 24/7 (good reviews)Just sucks now you can't hardly find ammo, and when you do, you pay dearly. I'M sure in a few months things will calm down and get more reasonable--I hope! 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
I don't seem to have any issue finding ammo, but then again 45ACP and 44 mag aren't the common calibers.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
Yeah I noticed that 44 and 45 are pretty plentiful as well as 38. I think right now you just have to hit Bass Pro about everyday, and Walmart early in the morning, and don't forget MC sports @ the mall