Author Topic: GUN THREAD...... Please put any firearm related discussion in this thread!  (Read 24779 times)

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
i was told earlier this evening that MC Sports gets their shipments in on Tuesday mornings & that they are selling out about as fast as they get it just like everyone else.

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4

Winner, Winner!

Offline mrfast

• Level 4

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
My buddy bought the Taurus slim a couple of weeks ago and I really like the way it looks and it has really good reviews also--bout the same as the 24/7 (good reviews)Just sucks now you can't hardly find ammo, and when you do, you pay dearly. I'M sure in a few months things will calm down and get more reasonable--I hope! 
I bought a 'Slim 9' a few years ago, because I was hating my Kahr PM9.  I like & trust the Taurus over the Kahr, at about half the price!  After about 400 rounds & 1,000 dry fires, the Kahr has gotten a lot more dependable, but the Taurus was reliable right out of the box.
It makes for a good, inexpensive, and reliable compact CCW weapon in my opinion.
Mo Printer

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
FWIW, I saw a Taurus slim 9 on gunlistings.org this morning for $299 (like new).  Not a bad price given the present pricing climate!
Mo Printer

Offline mrfast

• Level 4
That's what my buddy paid for his new right after Christmas @ MC Sports, they do price match if you can find em!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
I caught Anna's on sale in late Nov for $289 NIB. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
Hey guys - anyone know of a pistol range around here that allows steel-case ammo?  I bought 200 rounds of the Tulammo online and then found out that Sounds of Freedom doesn't allow it (and they would only sell me one box of 9mm).

Busiek's "short" range isn't ideal for pistols...at least not until I dial this one in  8)

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Hey guys - anyone know of a pistol range around here that allows steel-case ammo?  I bought 200 rounds of the Tulammo online and then found out that Sounds of Freedom doesn't allow it (and they would only sell me one box of 9mm).

Busiek's "short" range isn't ideal for pistols...at least not until I dial this one in  8)
I'm confused.  Why would they care if it is brass or steel cased (if you are talking about the 'brass' and not the projectile).  As to your question, I don't think Bass Pro cares what rounds you shoot as long as they are pistol calibers.  That's where I go because it's close to home, but they are also really nice to deal with at the range.
Mo Printer

Offline Rmiller31

• Level 1
They dont care about the casing. Its the steel ammo. They say that it dents their carriers.a lot of them assume steel case ammo has steel cores.

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
They dont care about the casing. Its the steel ammo. They say that it dents their carriers.a lot of them assume steel case ammo has steel cores.

This - basically, they told me that some of them have steel in them which can damage/spark/etc.  So they have a no steel case ammo policy across the board.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
thanks, I haven't been out there before, but it looks like a good setup

Offline YoungJK

• B.O.D. Officer - Club President
  • Level 2
Pleasant Hope Conservation area also has a single pistol range.

I've also heard the indoor ranges don't want steel casing, because the pick up the brass and resell it, they don't want to have to try to also sort out the steel.

Offline HYRYSC

• Level 1
Speaking of steel core ammo, here is my latest build that loves the sling the steel core stuff!