Author Topic: The Ruby Lee  (Read 4009 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
The Ruby Lee
« on: 06/ 1/09 - 01:20AM »
Ok I wish I had started a thread back in the day when Ruby was stock... I'll just have to start from here.

I got it all stripped down on the inside and cleaned up what I could, also took a rubber mallet to my hood and actually got it pretty straight. For the most part.

Plans right now are to get it on the frame machine and all lined back out.

I'm in need of a grille if anyone know where I can find one.   8)

Then Full Cage.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: The Ruby Lee
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 1/09 - 02:37AM »
Damn Jimmy, shes looking better now, than the last time saw her. What are the plans for the cage? After looking through everything how well did the tube fenders hold up and did the stinger bend any?

Alex
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 1/09 - 02:59PM »
I'll make a couple calls Jimmy.  I know where there was one have to check and see if it's still there.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 1/09 - 03:03PM »
I'll make a couple calls Jimmy.  I know where there was one have to check and see if it's still there.

Cool thanks Aaron!

Damn Jimmy, shes looking better now, than the last time saw her. What are the plans for the cage? After looking through everything how well did the tube fenders hold up and did the stinger bend any?

Alex

TNT's tube fenders help up amazing... scratched up but not even bent. Everything bent around the fenders. LOL! The PS stinger is fine as well... though I plan to replace it with a larger stinger and hood hoop.  8)

As far as the cage.. I'm considering going with Gen-Rites cage kit: http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=GRC2001

Unless I can find one I like better...  though I'd really like TJKEN at K.O.R.E to do me a custom cage. I'll just have to talk with him and see what we can work out.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 06/22/09 - 05:08PM »
Loaded Ruby Lee up on Friday and took her to KORE in Tulsa for the PRP seats and cage... can't wait to get her back.

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 06/22/09 - 05:19PM »
Keep the updates coming; I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 06/22/09 - 06:09PM »
I did get the frame all straightened out beforehand, and my front axle tube as well... will be trussing it and possibly sleeving it as well.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 07/ 9/09 - 09:50PM »
So where are the updates Jimmy?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 07/10/09 - 02:13AM »
It's ready in Tulsa, just got to get there and pick it up, then I'll put up some pics of what's done.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #9 on: 07/10/09 - 12:49PM »
Here are some pics of the cage in the process... Kenneth at KORE sent them to me. Wasn't going to post until I could get the Jeep back and take some pictures of the finished product. I'm VERY happy with it.

Kenneth and his crew are going to primer it for me and I'll paint it to match the jeep.

Can't wait to get it home and get started on fixing everything else.

Cage in process; still needs gussets, windshield spreader, behind the seat tie in.

HIREZ pics in my gallery.

« Last Edit: 07/10/09 - 12:51PM by LoneWolf »

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 07/10/09 - 01:19PM »
Man that looks BA - if you dont mind me asking what do they charge for something like that? I understand if you dont want to say!
EMAW

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 07/10/09 - 01:23PM »
I'm curious on the cost as well. I have been considering one of the bolt-in jobs, but something custom to the frame would be much better. Of course, with the long and wide JK, maybe I should just spend my money on other upgrades first...
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 07/10/09 - 01:31PM »
Well I'd just say call Kenneth at KORE and get a quote.  8) I will also say that if I was to buy a mass produced FULL CAGE kit; then have to pay for someone to weld it up (cause I am no welder) it would have cost me about the same/or more than this custom job did.

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 07/10/09 - 01:35PM »
Looks good Jimmy!  You need to get that fixed and get to wheeling!  8)

Caleb

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #14 on: 07/10/09 - 01:39PM »
Give me a shout when you get the jeep back, I'd like to check it out.  I like the way it's coming along man.