Author Topic: Project Ruby Lee 2  (Read 38037 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Project Ruby Lee 2
« Reply #180 on: 03/12/11 - 09:49AM »
That's the only jeep I got rid of I wish I had back.  Have fun on the trails, also I think I have a twin stick shifter boot if you want it.  I'll look next time I'm in the garage.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #181 on: 03/13/11 - 02:37PM »
yeah I'll take it; I'm gonna get to working on the console not sure how it'll actually end up but I'm sure I'll use it in one form or another.

Here are a few shakedown pics. I still have a little rubbing issue on the rear corner of the rockers, but not enough to really matter. I think the steering needs to be worked on, seems like it turns less to the drivers side than the passenger side, but that may be the nature of the beast. I also I may have broken a transmission mount, was too dark and I was too tired to look when I got in. Heading back out today and will check that out.

We ran and GPS'ed, Ranch Road, Keller Circle, Larry's Hill, Turkey Cluster, Largo, Cougar Crossing, Cold Mountain, Rocker Knocker, Backwoods, Ridgeline, Guard Rail, Commanche Hollow, Wild Turkey, Disturbed, Snow Trail, Yellow Jacket, Eastwood, and Rattler (down) and Peewee Crossing.

« Last Edit: 03/13/11 - 11:47PM by LoneWolf »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #182 on: 03/14/11 - 04:06PM »
Looking good Jimmy 8). Good to see u GPSed the trails I run. U plain doing the whole park?

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #183 on: 03/14/11 - 04:48PM »
Thanks Matt. Yes, in the process of it, got a bunch done this weekend. I'll be creating a new map, with all the new trails that have been added and I also want to provide a GPS file for download. I'll be back at it this weekend, and maybe later this week when the weather warms back up,then Brandon and I'll go out and GPS some of the stuff that I can't figure out or just haven't ran yet since I've been out of the action for over a year.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline map93heep

• Level 3
« Reply #184 on: 03/14/11 - 04:52PM »
I've tried to be out there once amonth, but the weather never works out. They been cutting alot of new trails. It will be nice to have a updated map so I know what safe for me to run.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #185 on: 04/11/11 - 11:21AM »
I finished up my console this weekend; installed rock lights and my CB.. It was kinda late when I got done last night so I'll take pics of the console in the Jeep tonight. Here a couple pics of the console freshly painted.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #186 on: 04/15/11 - 11:29AM »
Here's the console finished and installed. I still need to install some cup holders.

that's a little cubby hole that the mic cord is tucked into.

And the rocklights.. ready for some night wheeling.

Lots of wiring; a pain in the butt but at least it's done right with a relay and loomed.

The underneath of the Jeep is well lit. I plan do do a few others in strategic locations on  a separate toggle. Will post up when I do.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #187 on: 04/18/11 - 03:01PM »
Looking good.  Where is the obligatory night shot with the lights on?

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #188 on: 04/18/11 - 03:19PM »
Oh Yeah I need to do that..good call. Will have to do it this weekend coming up since I left my Jeep at SMORR. But I will!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #189 on: 10/18/11 - 09:42PM »
Jimmy after our chat tonight I had to look up this thread.  It's still the only jeep I wish I hadn't gotten rid of!  Let me know if you talk to Joe, I'd swap for it back in a heartbeat!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #190 on: 10/18/11 - 11:41PM »
Aaron like I said on the camp out at Flat Nasty I think about this Jeep weakly--I just mentioned this Jeep to Robin tonight--I regret not seriously looking at this Jeep!