Author Topic: Functional hood vent need tools, and some help, I have no tools.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
I have some really neat boat hood vents coming, and aside from the placement not to get water on anything important, and measure 3x cut once, any other tips for cutting into my perfectly good hood?  Here's the link for them if you want to let me know what you think.  I live in a tiny apartment, and have absolutely no tools either, so if I could pay anyone to help me get it done that has the smarts, and tools just pm me how much you would charge, and please be reasonable, I am very tight on money until I can get my cdl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black-Louvered-Vents_W0QQitemZ4630463308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item113ff434c&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
« Last Edit: 09/ 8/09 - 03:37PM by BadBlak »

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Functional hood vent questions, tips, and or help?
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 4/09 - 02:40PM »
here is a link to a thread on the site that another guy did. I'm sure he'll be at the MeetNGreet tonight... you could ask him about it.

http://ozarksjeepthing.com/c/index.php/topic,8048.0.html

« Last Edit: 09/ 4/09 - 02:43PM by LoneWolf »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 4/09 - 02:50PM »
I can't see Ebay from work, but if you need tools or someone to do it.  Let me know. 

I have a plasma or cut off wheels.  (If you want it cut with a cut off wheel - talk to LoneWolf, I heard/saw that he LOVES them!)  Sorry, Jimmie....had to.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 4/09 - 02:57PM »
Thanks for the link, that was my starting point for this whole idea, and if I have time tonight I will for sure be at the meet n greet.  OJTV I would love the help, I should have them by tomorrow.  Here is the link from the website itself too.

http://www.marinesurplusinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=844

I think they will give great airflow, and hopefully sometime I can figure out a drip pan, or something like that.
« Last Edit: 09/ 4/09 - 03:34PM by BadBlak »

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 4/09 - 06:09PM »
I can't see Ebay from work, but if you need tools or someone to do it.  Let me know. 

(If you want it cut with a cut off wheel - talk to LoneWolf, I heard/saw that he LOVES them!)  Sorry, Jimmie....had to.

LMAO.  :78:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
If anyone would be willing to help me get the holes cut, I can pay you for your time, and tools.  I will have the vents tomorrow, if anyone would want to help out.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
if you need tools or someone to do it.  Let me know. 

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
I already pmd him, and haven't gotten a response, I found someone to do it for 20.00

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
If you still haven't done it.  I am off work tomorrow and would probably have an extra hour to help you cut them.

Sorry, I didn't respond to your PM - didn't even notice it till I read your post.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.